The GAD tweed case

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
is it a regulation hard case made of wood? just covered in tweed? are they nice?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you talking about something LTG member GAD has posted in connection with his latest electric score or are you asking about the "factory" case that came with the first iteration of MIC guitars.

Darn those folks at Guild. They really should have realized what kind of confusion they would create by naming something "GAD" when, if they had been paying attention, they would have realized Gary ("made in America") A. D. was already well known and established.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Are you talking about something LTG member GAD has posted in connection with his latest electric score or are you asking about the "factory" case that came with the first iteration of MIC guitars.

Darn those folks at Guild. They really should have realized what kind of confusion they would create by naming something "GAD" when, if they had been paying attention, they would have realized Gary ("made in America") A. D. was already well known and established.

Right?

No one consults me when they make things!

geoguy

Reaction score
I bought one of those cases for a Westerly-built dread (to replace an original case that was falling apart). IMO it is lighter-duty than some cases, but adequately built & nice looking.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The ones that I've seen look a lot nicer than they actually are. Very cheaply made.

geoguy

Reaction score
Here is one photo, from an old on-line listing:

fa9yrwph5fz1pkr3uvcr.jpg

Leather (or leather-look?) trimmed, olive tweed fabric covered. And an arched top. As I said above, lighter-built than some other cases but quite serviceable for my purposes.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Looks like a really nice case.

"Looks" being the key word here. The case does look nice. But, like Sandy and geoguy said, the case is lighter than the typical Guild case and feels cheaply made (except for the handle).

Mark WW

Reaction score
I have (3) GAD's and m y son has dragged his 30 all over the place to gigs, drunken parties and other nasty holes in the wall and it is not that bad for the really hard wear. Peeps got to get over the Chinese made Guilds. They are very good guitars and the cases are as good as most of the other cases I own.