Ngd - x79

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
OK, let's see if this one is a refin! LOL

This showed up on Reverb last week from Sam Ash of all places. It's almost mint. There's a tiny ding on one of the points on the headstock and one of the rollers on the bridge has been replaced which I found odd because it looks otherwise unplayed.

Finding an X79 in this condition was rough. I almost ended paying hundreds more for a purple one in similar condition but the guy backed out at the last minute because he couldn't part with it.

I imagine that this is what the green one in this thread originally looked like though they have different headstocks so maybe the finish is different. Dunno.

Guild-X79-TopFull-SW.jpg

Even the case is freaking mint:

Guild-X79-Case.jpg

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I want to say yes but its subtle. It's a beautiful color.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous GAD, Congrats! Hard to believe one of those pointy Guilds made it through the 80's and 90's in that condition. Nice find!

TX

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous GAD, Congrats! Hard to believe one of those pointy Guilds made it through the 80's and 90's in that condition. Nice find!

TX

Seriously! Especially since I think the X79s are some of the most beat-up guitars I see. My red X79-3 has major chunks missing on it.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is a beauty! And +1 on the stunning condition case - wow!

walrus

DrumBob

Reaction score
GAD, I mightl take that X-79 if you decide to part with it. Let me know if the time comes.