Reverb buyer protection

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I thought I’d report on how well Reverb’s Buyer Protection policy works. Note, that this is only if you pay through Reverb. If you use PayPal, you have to deal with them.
If you’ve been following my F45ce NGD thread, you’d know that I needed to replace the crappy case it was shipped in. After a strike one on Amazon, I thought I’d found a Guild case on Reverb. The one question, was the depth of the case. I messaged the seller and he said that it had the needed 4-1/2” depth. When the case arrived, that was really NOT the case (pun kind of intended.) I messaged him again, and he kept repeated that it did. I filled out a dispute form on Reverb and waited.
In the meantime, the seller only offered the initial cost of the case, not the over generous shipping charge. Finally I called Reverb support. When I got through, it was very easy. I explained my issue, he said I should get a full refund, and they contacted the seller. About an hour later, I got a prepaid label to send the case back.
I thought that was the end of it. But, after the case was delivered to the seller’s P.O. Box on Saturday, it just sat there, un-picked up, and no refund. I emailed Reverb, replying to their emails, and waited. Finally, today, I called Reverb. They said the seller was a preferred seller, and shouldn’t be dodging a refund, and that they’d talk to him. Regardless, I’d get my refund within 24 hours.
I did get an email a couple of hours later informing me that a full refund had been put back on my CC.

So, bottom line, the buyer’s protection does work, and Reverb support will help you; BUT! Do not bother emailing them, or filling out their dispute form. Call their support directly; they don’t respond to their emails.

Last edited:

F312

Reaction score
Good to know, I'm just ready to pay for a guitar from them.

Ralph

idealassets

Reaction score
I actually got a quick response from their on line form the first time that I filled it out. Reverb's customer support got me a refund on some drum parts where the tom legs and rims were taken off for shipping, but came to me bent and dented due to being overpacked into one large box instead of at least 2 smaller boxes. It was a pity because they were from a 1969 vintage drum, and were previously perfect with no rust.

I got an estimate to replace the damaged parts from ZZsounds and one other source, and that was what I got refunded to me.

I gave the seller a quick lesson in what the FedEx folks told me was the proper way to pack a quantity of drums and parts. The seller protested in all his emails to me, but the full refund came through on my credit card balance, thanks to Reverb.