Stone Me If You Want To

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
No stones from my direction at all. I don't own that many guitars. Two of them are really nice Guilds. The rest, are not. They all make me happy.

Has anyone thrown in "variety is the spice of life" yet? If not, I will. Variety is the Spice of Life!!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I have no brand allegiance at all. Pretty much every maker has something in its lineup worth owning & playing, or once did. With Guild my keeper rate is 100% so far, making it unique among the larger makers. The current makers I'm interested in are mostly small-volume, often single-person operations. Don't really care what the big brands are up to.

-Dave-

Reaction score
I love acoustic guitars,mostly because they are all individuals regardless of who made them they were once trees and it takes awhile for the to become musical instruments. That's just how I choose to view "them" . No judgements about ones opinion of any guitar. They are all good just some better then others and they change over time. I have mostly Gibson I love each one and I play which ever guitar "speaks" to me.
I just got my first Guild an M20 made in California and it's a sweet sounding little gem. Don't know if it was luck or timing but I'm glad I found it. If and when a guitar ceases to scratch that itch it will scratch someone else's itch Beauty is in the ear of the owner when it comes to guitars ......jmhofwiw. No stones from this fng.....

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Just thought about it but one of my Favorite songs was the first song off of Van Morrison's "Moondance" Album titled, "And It Stoned Me". Can't forget "Into The Mystic" either but that one really doesn't fit this thread, LOL!

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
There's a Moby Grape song back in there somewhere.....

Naked If I Want To.....
mobygrape-wow(full).jpg

mobygrape-wow(inside).jpg

Just played this for my GF over the weekend:

And have referenced "Motorcycle Irene" here before too.
And just realized about 2 weeks ago that a melody bar from "Bitter Wind" ("a man with love is no man at all") presages Boston's "Foreplay" ("..well I'm movin' along, takin' my time..") by a good 9 years.
Of course by the time plagiarism suits became so popular, founding member Skip Spence (who quit his job as original drummer and frustrated guitarist for the Airplane) was long dead.

tumblr_n48x5zTVG91qced37o1_500.jpg

One of the first casualties of the psychedelic wars.
Speaking of getting stoned Moby Grape was the first band SF band to get busted for weed.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome Richard and no stone from me bud...

I think this is fantastic. You been my LTG hero based on the below...

"I set off on a journey about 15 years ago to buy, play and accumulate as many different Guild models as I could. I was fairly successful."

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild, Martin and Gibson...u have some nice taste sir. no shame at all in collecting/trading, Richard. of course it is very nice that you also play! enjoy my friend.