There is now a red Tesla floating around in space...

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Glad that launch was successful - now we are going to wait for the videos that were promised - might take some time. Very Fascinating.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Best part was the boosters flying back to earth and landing to be used later.

And landing in perfect synchronicity, too.

I wish I made it Cape Kennedy for a Saturn V launch (other than a nuke, the loudest man-made object ever at 204 decibels). Watching a Falcon heavy go up will clearly be the next best thing.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
More space junk, just what we need.

Lol

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
And in the glove box, a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Playing Life On Mars? was a really nice touch, I thought.

k7TvN7T.jpg

And here's the YouTube video:

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
And in the glove box, a copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

Playing Life On Mars? was a really nice touch, I thought.

CNN said it was going to be a loop of "Space Oddity":

"On board the rocket that's now headed deeper into space is Musk's personal Tesla (TSLA) roadster. At the wheel is a dummy dressed in a spacesuit, and the car is blaring David Bowie's "Space Oddity" on an endless loop. Cameras on board the car showed it headed deeper into space. Musk plans to put the car into orbit around the sun.
Musk announced last year he planned to put his car on the inaugural Falcon Heavy flight. When asked on Twitter why he wanted to throw away a $100,000 vehicle, he replied, "I love the thought of a car drifting apparently endlessly through space and perhaps being discovered by an alien race millions of years in the future."

He shoulda painted "V---GER" on it.

Vger.jpeg

ezstrummer

Reaction score
I saw a live space shuttle launch from there once. Very cool.

gilded

Reaction score
That was neat, thanks for posting this thread.

My grandfather was in the hospital once in 1970; a heart 'flair-up'. I visited him from out of state. He was born in '89, or thereabouts and had cow-boyed between '05-'08 before he became an Attorney in 1912.

When I got to the hospital, he told me not to worry about him, that he'd had a wonderful life. Here are the examples he used to describe his life: He seen the Wright Brothers fly, he'd seen jet-engined planes and he'd seen a man on the moon.

GF told me that he read Jules Verne when he was a kid and people in the small town of Alvarado, Tx (where he grew) up used to laugh and guffaw when they'd see him with a Verne book in his pocket.

They'd say, "Why, Rob, do you think they'll ever be a Man on the Moon?!?"

So here we are 48 years later. The Moon is old news. A Falcon rocket is headed towards Mars. I'm beginning to formulate what I'll say to my young friends and grandchildren when my time comes.

Thanks again, Harry/gilded

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think it’s awesome and long over due . I seen the challenger explosion with my own eyes it was very sad . The space program seemed to lose speed after that but I always felt they should of pushed harder to keep going .Im giddy that Space X is opening a whole new chapter in space exploration.
I wish I could be a apart it .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I think it’s awesome and long over due . I seen the challenger explosion with my own eyes it was very sad . The space program seemed to lose speed after that but I always felt they should of pushed harder to keep going .Im giddy that Space X is opening a whole new chapter in space exploration.
I wish I could be a apart it .

Elon Musk is my hero.
He's crazier'n Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump put together but in a good way, and thank god he's on our side.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he's the Henry Ford of the 21st Century.
Maybe even more important to our future.
Lotta folks don't remember (if they ever knew) his complete list of entrepreneurial creation (I even left off the predecessors to Paypal):

Paypal
SpaceX
Tesla
Solar City
Hyperloop
Open AI
Neuralink
the Boring Company

Like him or not, this man is literally shaping your future.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Elon's Tesla is headed for the asteroid belt, now in an elliptical orbit around the sun. It'll come close to Mars but won't hit it. At least not on this pass. :)

-Dave-

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just like that he has a company that he named "The Boring Company". It makes me chuckle. Also flamethrowers.
104973700-Boring_Company_Flamethrower_2048x2048.530x298.jpg

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sign me up when it's time to put a settlement on Mars. I'm already packed. I'm bringing my F 50 NH, my Winchester 30-06 and a couple bottles of Crown Royal. Might kick off an open mic with them there Martians if they're friendly enough.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sign me up when it's time to put a settlement on Mars. I'm already packed. I'm bringing my F 50 NH, my Winchester 30-06 and a couple bottles of Crown Royal. Might kick off an open mic with them there Martians if they're friendly enough.

That is my kind of packing list!

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I wonder what strings the Martians use? :victorious:

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I just like that he has a company that he named "The Boring Company". It makes me chuckle. Also flamethrowers.
104973700-Boring_Company_Flamethrower_2048x2048.530x298.jpg

To clear zombies out of freshly Bored Hyperloop tunnels.
Or from your front yard.
Ain't synergy wunnerful?