Wes in Paris

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Haven't listened to the whole thing, but what I heard on an NPR review made me purchase this 2 CD set, Wes Montgomery in Paris. This concert apparently has previously shown up on bootleg issues, but this was mastered from the concert tapes. A plus for this issue is that Resonance records actually pays the musicians involved or their estate. This was arguably Wes's last burst of creativity before his A&M pop recordings. May well become my favorite Montgomery recording (and I have tons).
Brad

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Haven't listened to the whole thing, but what I heard on an NPR review made me purchase this 2 CD set, Wes Montgomery in Paris. This concert apparently has previously shown up on bootleg issues, but this was mastered from the concert tapes. A plus for this issue is that Resonance records actually pays the musicians involved or their estate. This was arguably Wes's last burst of creativity before his A&M pop recordings. May well become my favorite Montgomery recording (and I have tons).
Brad
Thank you Brad!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Awesome! Will get it via iTunes once I'm back at home. I love the video footage, shot for TV broadcast, that exists of Wes playing in Europe too.

-Dave-

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the heads-up. I just finished listening (again) to Smokin' At The Half Note beginning to end, so Mr. Montgomery was very much on my mind.

Thanks also for the heads-up on the label - there are a couple of Gene Harris CD's that found there way into my cart as well.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
....Thanks also for the heads-up on the label - there are a couple of Gene Harris CD's that found there way into my cart as well.
I'll check it out, always liked Gene Harris and the Three Sounds. The label also has a number of other Montgomery CDs, only wish I had more disposable income to spend on recorded music.
Brad
PS One of my favorite Harris arrangements: