NGD Part 2 - Guild D52 Has Arrived

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I know I have been off the gird a couple of weeks due a crazy schedule and work related travel. However, I am more than pleased to say the D52 came in a couple of weeks ago from my man Refret. Unbeknownst to him the bridge was raising up so he graciously refunded the cost to get it re-glued and I took it to my luthier who did just that. So I picked her up a couple of days ago and I am getting to know her.

She is every bit the robust dreadnought seen in the pictures below. This thing has tone & volume for days, is built like a german tank and it a beauty to boot. I dig the crazing seen in a couple of the pictures. I am pleased to say given its age it came in far better condition than I expected. I am loving the herringbone rosette as well. My next move is to have my luthier install a dual source pick up so I can play her live.

Here are some pictures as well as a couple of sound clips. The first one is me strumming in G and the other is me fingerpicking a song I wrote called "This Old World". Forgive the singing and my dog barking in the background which I think add a certain mojo. I had just written the song and wanted to get it down for reference. The guitar sounds much prettier.

This guitar reminds me a lot of the D25 I owned. There is a touch of dark with serious volume and sustain.

https://soundcloud.com/user-379706425/d52

https://soundcloud.com/user-379706425/this-old-world

tfD5vxV.jpg

Dco3K50.jpg

ZEjdHjD.jpg

FunOBfh.jpg

X4uvqxo.jpg

XgZO4bH.jpg

MwlBXmM.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
nice looking rosewood too on the back!
i bet its a cannon, congrats!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That old girl sounds Great on the recording D30Man and is beautiful to boot! I really dig the Checking in the finish around the soundhole and pickguard. I always refer to that crazing as "Tone Flames" on a Guild. The guitar has so much tone it vibrates the finish to crack, LOL! Congrats my man, Nice score.

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's some really interesting crazing D-man. "Tone Flames" for sure (nice one, TX).

Glad she's everything you wanted!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
nice looking rosewood too on the back!
i bet its a cannon, congrats!

Thanks WW. She projects nicely indeed with very little effort. I was always a hog guy but now having 2 RW guits I am really starting to dig it.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
That old girl sounds Great on the recording D30Man and is beautiful to boot! I really dig the Checking in the finish around the soundhole and pickguard. I always refer to that crazing as "Tone Flames" on a Guild. The guitar has so much tone it vibrates the finish to crack, LOL! Congrats my man, Nice score.

TX

Thanks TX! "Tone Flames" love it!!! I do believe I can get behind that!