New member. New amp.

Jesse1964

Reaction score
I suppose that the appropriate wattage would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 Watts per Channel, as opposed to a quad being 100 Watts mono.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
One gain stage through the tonestack into the phase inverter then into cathode bias? I don't think you would make 50 watts a side.

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Not sure Default.... I thought that a pair of el34 would be about 50 watts. No? What would your estimate be?

Walter Broes

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
One gain stage through the tonestack into the phase inverter then into cathode bias? I don't think you would make 50 watts a side.
I see, no, that wouldn't. So I'm guessing with just one gain stage ànd tone controls, it's a pretty clean/very low gain amp? What kind of phase inverter does it have?

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I see, no, that wouldn't. So I'm guessing with just one gain stage ànd tone controls, it's a pretty clean/very low gain amp? What kind of phase inverter does it have?

Been pummeled with work (12 hour days suck) so l haven't looked at it to see which type of pi it is.

matsickma

Reaction score
Hi Jesse,
You definitely found a great example if a 200-S and have the skill to refurb it!

How does the stereo adapter function?

M

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Hi Mat. As far as I can tell the stereo adapter just splits the mono signal to each amp section. Although it seems they do have different voicing I dont feel its true stereo.