New member. New amp.

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wanted to thank the group for the info that i have found here. I just bought an S-200 stereo amp. It's a 1961 built in Hoboken. It is in excellent condition and has never been worked on. I only have hum out of channel 2 that changes with the volume and it appears v1 and v2 are not heating. I ordered all the caps to try to get her singing again. Wish me luck! And thanks again for the info. Not much out there on this one...

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just wanted to take a minute to thank the group for the info on my new amp. It's a 1961 S-200 stereo amp made in Hoboken. Its in excellent codition and has never been worked on. Right now i only get a hum out of channel 2 thst changes with volume and it appears v1 and v2 are not heating. I ordered all the caps that need replacing to hopefully get her singing again. Wish me luck! And once again thanks for the info. Not much out there on this one...

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome, Jesse! I also picked up a 200S at the end of the year, although I still have to make the trip to Philly to pick it up.

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Hi Chris. Sorry for posting twice. Just impatient i guess. I live in PA too. I wonder if there are more Guilds in this area because of them being made in NJ? Have you ever played through an S-200?

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Hey Chris. I just took a look at the pics of your 63. They made alot of changes from the time my 61 was made. Kinda interesting....

Jesse1964

Reaction score
fFImYKo.jpg
uh26PkL.jpg
5ygqJqt.jpg

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Wow!!! That is so cool. Did you find that stashed inside the amp? The schematic looks pristine. One of the things that is interesting about the model 200-S is that it is a true stereo amp with a separate power section for each channel. Like the Ampeg Echo Twin... but more powerful!

I'm sure that some of the schematic "sharing" websites would appreciate a scan of that one.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm sure that some of the schematic "sharing" websites would appreciate a scan of that one.

Hello

Before sending the picture anywhere else - PLEASE - scan it good and publish it here !!

Thank you

Watermelon

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, Jesse, please post a good clean scan of the schematic. There is one out there that a member did of a 200S that had some modifications in the rectification. It'd be nice to see the original version.

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Some more pics. I will try to get a scan of the schematic on. Yeah this model has a real nice compartment in the back. Had the original owners manual and the stereo adapter. No doorstop footswitch though. Guess I could make one....

Jesse1964

Reaction score
Strange. The label is marked S-200. The factory worker must have been like me. I keep screwing it up too.