W. Todd Anyone????

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
So, a while back I took obtained via trade an all Hog Dread built by a guy named W. Todd. I think he's supposedly in Tennessee somewhere. I didn't spend much time with it initially but lately, I've really gotten into it. Just a great sounding all Hog Dread.

Have any of you ever heard of this builder/Luthier and do you have any comments (positive or negative) to share???? Yeah, I know, you'll all be hammering on me for pics but I just can't figure all that out so it just ain't gonna happen.

Any input appreciated.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
This?

https://reverb.com/item/2375450-2008-w-todd-custom-dreadnought-om-15

wrutsioj2rkpwomjfn07.jpg

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh, I like that. Looks like it has Retros on it too.

sunpowder

Reaction score
It really looks like Washburn someone customized with a new label and refinished the headstock. Not saying it is, but it sure looks like it. Maybe built in Asia like Washburns, but under another company name? Don't know.

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
"W Todd Custom made all solid Mahogany Dreadnought Guitar. Made in Nashville Tennessee 2008
inspired by the Martin OM 15 specs. One of only 2 or 3 made. I took cover picture and a bunch of
others just yesterday. This one was built for the 2009 NAMM show..."

Bridges look similar, but not identical.

WshbrnD12CedarCF3.jpg

ejdgm89uujft7k9asdkz.jpg

Last edited:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Well, Bonneville, you done nailed it boy. The link you posted from Reverb is in fact, my guitar. I'm sure of it. I didn't buy it from that guy but somehow it found it's way to me.. The kicker was the mention of the Fender HSC which is the case containing my guitar. Thanks for finding this.

I'm an old codger and sometimes forget that you can use the computer for more than signing onto LTG. You can actually do some research and investigation. Thanks my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Richard, guitar looks great, and hearing your testimony and considering my fondness for D15s / 17s / 25s
and all their varietals - any configuration and any era - I may have see if one of these can
find its way to me as well :friendly_wink:

Last edited: