G3 2018 Tour

matsickma

Reaction score
For the guitar shredding lover or just someone who can't take the pop music mind numbing guitarless tracks I recommed you attend a Joe Satriani G3 show. I always wanted to go to one and was in luck as he played at the Jacksonville Florida Theater last night while I was visiting my son. I got us a pair of tickets in row Q for $25 a seat (+$10 fee).

Show ran from 7 to 10:30.
Excellent. Joe is touring with Def Leppard's Phil Collen and Dream Theater's John Petrucci.
Each guitarist does s 45 minute set then they wheel out the amp rigs for the previous guitarists and the wild jamming begins. The group jam is less technical and structured but they sre having a blast feeding off each other and harmonizing or playing intervals.
Closing song/ jam were Deep Purple Highway Star, Stevie Wonder's (Jeff Beck, SRV) Superstition and the apparent closer song used since the start of G3..."Goin down, down, down"...
Wild and Crazy show. And yes their was a singer. Outstanding lady in Phil Collen's new band DELTA DEEP which as a great opening act.

I plan to see this show again when comes to Philly on Feb 17.
Be prepared for massive shredding, whammy dive bombs and whammy harmonic shreaks!!! They will wear you out.
Here is the tour link:
http://www.satriani.com/G3/

M

matsickma

Reaction score
Pass the word. I was tempted to change my plans to visit other friends and family and just navigate around Florida and see a show every night with G3 taking a break on Super Sunday.
M

Aristera

Reaction score
What bad timing! They'll be here in Albany, NY on 2/10 but I'm going to see the Celebrating David Bowie tour on 2/13.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hmm. Maybe I can get my daughter to go to this. She's my concert buddy. :)

matsickma

Reaction score
The audience was men and women of all ages groups. An experience every lover of guitar playing should see.
M