Repaintig F-150R CE (GAD)

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Progress report:

Cordoba was so nice :love_heart: to send me a 53,33 mm spacing bridge from their US production.
It's on its way to me.
I've already seen a preview picture made & sent by my friend who is forwarding it to me.
I'll keep you informed about the refinishing progress once it will be going on...

Moritz

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Progress report:

Unfortunately the new bridge is no direct fit either.

If it had 53,33 mm as announced, it would have been a perfect match:

Guild%20F-150%20R%20CE%20(GAD)%20Spacing.jpg

But the new US made bridge has something like 54,5 mm:

Guild%20replacement%20bridge%20spacing.jpg

See the comparison with a card template I made and laid upon.
You can easily see the mismatch on the very right hole:

bridge%20template.jpg

I don’t like the idea of filling the existing holes with spruce dowels and redrilling the holes afterwards,
so I will have an entirely new CAD designed and CNC moulding cutter made 1:1 Guild style bridge with the correct spacing be made by a German luthier.

Moritz

Last edited:

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Done:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%205.JPG

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%209.JPG

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%207.JPG

This next picture shows the three versions of the bridge:
The one on top is the final custom-made version as glued on the guitar.
The version in the middle is the one that came first from Guild, the one with the wide pin hole spacing.
The version at the bottom is the one that was sent as a substitute, supposed to have the correct pin hole spacing but was slightly beside:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20bridge%20comparison%202.JPG

On this picture you can see that the pin holes an the hole for the piezo cable are precisely in the original place, which means that the custom-made bridge is 100 % accurate:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20pinholes%20underneath.JPG

Credits for the custom made bridge and the refinishing job to the Munich Repair Shop ( http://www.guitars.de/ )

Moritz

Last edited:

cutrofiano

Reaction score
Thank you Stuball48.

Although i did a big piece of the work myself the refinishing and the custom-made bridge have swamped some € 400,00.
Almost half of what I had paid for the (new) guitar :-(
But the blame is on me as I couldn't live with the dent that my sons phone had left :crushed:

Moritz

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Moritz:
In my metal work hobby, after retiring from 40 years of high school teaching, I have found the most rewarding aspect of this new metal working hobby is not to be the best at it but to have the courage to try to make or fix something that I knew nothing about the week before.
Like trying to learn to play the guitar at age 69 and I have made progress. I have improved from, absolutely, horrible to downright pitiful.

cutrofiano

Reaction score
I've been posting this to encourage everyone who heard so many times: "Don't do it, you'll ruin the guitar!"

It is possible but it takes patience and carefulness shaping and sanding the old varnish down to the wood and it surely takes experience in the job to do a perfect refinishing as shown here:
There is no way to tell that the guitar has been refinished :courage:

Cheers,
Moritz

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Done:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%205.JPG

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%209.JPG

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20fertig%207.JPG

This next picture shows the three versions of the bridge:
The one on top is the final custom made version as glued on the guitar.
The version in the middle is the one that came first from Guild, the one with the wide pin hole spacing.
The version at the bottom is the one that was sent as a substitute, supposed to have the correct pin hole spacing but was slightly beside:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20bridge%20comparison%202.JPG

On this picture you can see that the pin holes an the hole for the piezo cable are precisely in the original place, which means that the custom made bridge is 100 % accurate:

Guild%20F-150R-CE%20pinholes%20underneath.JPG

Credits for the custom made bridge and the refinishing job to the Munich Repair Shop ( http://www.guitars.de/ )

Moritz

Wow awesome !!