NGD - yes, no, maybe 1973 F-212

idealassets

Reaction score
Well, I did a quick stop in GC today to see check on the guitar. It was gone. Shouldn't be long now before somebody comes on LTG looking for more information.:emptiness:

Now that is funny "comes on LTG looking for more info.." I would speculate its more than likely that the new owner doesn't come over to LTG. The whole world out there is full of Guild urban legends, and lots of folks don't like to ruin all that type of excitement by listening to educated reason or the voice of experience. And then again I have not yet met any aspiring rocket scientists working at Guitar Center that might put the information straight either. (Although I HAVE bought many nice items at our nearby Guitar Centers)

Without going any further Han's assessment is right on. If we were to study this further we would also see that the case looks definitely to be for an F212XL, as issued from the factory, and not an F412 or F512 case; unless of course Guitar Center might think that it may have been "switched out" at some time or something. (Or its in fact just plainly the correct F212XL case for this F212XL guitar after all).

So once again the friendly folks on this LTG site have assisted in prevailing against lack of knowledge and superstition!

Last edited:

beecee

Reaction score
HOLY Moly.

That is the guitar the local "original owner" let me borrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See this has to stop thread

Same case and everything.

HA!!! what are the odds??????

Think I'll hold it till Saturday then low ball him, then he'll have to keep it as it is past his 3 day return.

What a big fat fibber!!!!!

Last edited:

Kitarkus

Reaction score
HOLY Moly.

That is the guitar the local "original owner" let me borrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I'll hold it till Saturday then low ball him, then he'll have to keep it as it is past his 3 day return.

I'm following this crazy story! Methinks that GC has a 45 day return policy eh?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'm following this crazy story! Methinks that GC has a 45 day return policy eh?

Not on Vintage Guitars. It is a relatively short period for vintage gear and may even be that 3 days Beecee spoke of. I know down here it used to be 10 days on vintage guitars at GC but I haven't purchased from them in sooo long there has probably been some changes since then.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
HOLY Moly.

niiiiice....

i'd actually suggest just returning the guitar to the current owner asap if you do not plan on buying it. especially now that you have made this post (never know who is lurking or who knows who). just bad mojo all over this one at this point, no reason to add to it. in fact if u really want to burn the guy, just be completely honest and tell them everything u know about the guitar, this forum, guitar center, and his blatant lies thru a mutual acquaintance.

my guess is it is actually a killer guitar. if u decide you are seriously interested in owning it, that is another story. might not be so easy to sell later though. if it wasn't so big in the lower bout i'd be interested for myself. but 17" is too much for me. i have a 1970 Guild re-topped/rebuilt in 1980 by Guild at Westerly...and it is pure gold... good luck, whatever you decide! some people just don't get it

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
it's like really man, original owner? because this instrument is one of a kind and was on the GUITAR CENTER website like 4 days ago...what a pal.

beecee

Reaction score
i'd actually suggest just returning the guitar to the current owner asap if you do not plan on buying it. especially now that you have made this post (never know who is lurking or who knows who). just bad mojo all over this one at this point, no reason to add to it. in fact if u really want to burn the guy, just be completely honest and tell them everything u know about the guitar, this forum, guitar center, and his blatant lies thru a mutual acquaintance

Agreed, just the little devil on my left shoulder whispering bad intent.

!Could he have had it at GC on consignment?

I think the guy from the other thread saw the guitar at a GC in Maryland. I'm in NY...the nice part.

beecee

Reaction score
I wish I could use that defense at times.