My great F512 Adventure

idealassets

Reaction score
Clyde, Its great that it came out well for you. You may have obtained a "virgin" guitar that never had the saddle adjusted or a set-up done. This is what some dealers leave as factory original until it is sold. If it had been bought new from a dealer, then the next step that is included in the sale price should be the usual "dealer set-up". For example varying set-ups are done depending on if you play mainly basic chords vs. lots of barre chords, lots of hammer-ons (or not), etc.

So you are apparently starting in on the ground floor, with plenty of factory saddle that can be set up and "made to order".

So congratulations on obtaining a great condition, and great sounding guitar. I bought one new in 2010 and probably will not let it go.

idealassets

Reaction score
PS I thoroughly like the string spacing on the F512, it is by far the most comfortable to me. However I can go from the F512 to any other guitar now. But the easiest is the F512 to D55 change out due to the Guild fret radius at 12" is the most comfortable. Martin guitars feel flat at the neck to me. None of this has ever boggled up my playing- just takes about 2-3 minutes to adjust to any type of neck.

And I am not really not that great on guitar.