NAMM Show

tommym

Reaction score
Heyyyyyyyy you have the models I want ! Lol

I was wondering if there in production already and not mentioned yet ? As the above video let it slip possible by mistake that orchestra models are in production .

I bought them on a knee-jerk reaction when I thought Guild Guitars was done for sure after the NH plant closure. It's nice to see Guild Guitars back up and running. Just wondering if the OM models will have the wider neck and string spacing like the NH Standards, and available in Mahogany and Rosewood?

Tommy

tommym

Reaction score
I should have added that I think Guild missed a good opportunity with the Westerly Collection by not incorporating a 16" small jumbo body (like the Gruhn F42, F44, F46) into the mix. No one I personally know can handle or wants a 17" jumbo. They all seem to like the size and feel of my F44; for them, my F44 is a jumbo guitar.

Tommy

tommym

Reaction score
One last comment, the thought has occured to me that if I ever have to downsize to one guitar, I may look at a new Collings SJ Rosewood, as that is the nearest thing to the elusive out of production Guild / Gruhn F46. Choice of nut widths, string spacing, and scale length, tuners, make it a very attractive alternative. I know that Guild can't be everything to everybody.....

Tommy

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
One last comment, the thought has occured to me that if I ever have to downsize to one guitar, I may look at a new Collings SJ Rosewood, as that is the nearest thing to the elusive out of production Guild / Gruhn F46. Choice of nut widths, string spacing, and scale length, tuners, make it a very attractive alternative. I know that Guild can't be everything to everybody.....

Tommy
Can’t go wrong with a ( Collins) sorry had to do that lol
What’s the price tag on that puppy ?

tommym

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with a ( Collins) sorry had to do that lol
What’s the price tag on that puppy ?

Priced up there with the Guild Orpheums. But you can find them out there used for much less.

Tommy

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I should have added that I think Guild missed a good opportunity with the Westerly Collection by not incorporating a 16" small jumbo body (like the Gruhn F42, F44, F46) into the mix. No one I personally know can handle or wants a 17" jumbo. They all seem to like the size and feel of my F44; for them, my F44 is a jumbo guitar.
Tommy

Tommy
Actually I just recently realized the F40 may have been the most versatile body they ever made, yielding more models than any other type, with maybe the exception of dreadnoughts.
YOU ain't the only one that thinks they made a big blunder there:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?195241-F40-Lovers-Unite!!