New F512's issued. Canadian dealer is advertising them.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
No, Tundra just posted for advertising reasons one of each new Oxnard model, the rosewood F-512, the E version, the ATB version, the Maple version, the Maple E version... All are marked as "coming soon" which could be end of 2018. I believe the F-512 model will only be introduced at Summer NAMM as they were not on the Winter NAMM list this week. The F-512 Rosewood is in the 2018 catalog but not the F-512 Maple. I am not sure they are ready with the old press yet to produce the arched maple backs. Especially as they only introduce the F-55 Rosewood in NAT and ATB this week but not the F-55 Maple. One step after another.
Below picture shows the two F-55s ready for NAMM in Oxnard.
Ralf

If there's one guy here I absolutely trust for this kind of answer it's you.
My suspicion that it was New Hartford New Old Stock was based primarily on the fact that the Reverb listing showed "1 available" on the ATB, which in the US at least is technically false advertising if it's not truly available.
Could actually be grounds for Bait & Switch prosecution, as we discussed elsewhere, recently.
Ah, I see today they've also changed that listing to "Coming soon".
I didn't see that on any of 'em yesterday, only on Guild's site.

Last edited:

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Hey ClydeTower, Check your Private Messages under "Notifications" at the top of the page. Sent you a link to a Like New F512.

TX

Folks, just bought me a New Hartford F512 !!!
A BIG BIG thanks to TxBumper for the find... I owe you one :)

Now the stress begins... I gotta bring it in across the border into Canada! Having it shipped to Champlain NY to a border Mail Depot. This will be my first experience crossing the border with a guitar with the whole CITIES regulations thing on Rosewood. I know I'm allowed to bring it in myself without CITIES paperwork... well at least that's what I've read.

Think I'll start a new thread... "F512 - A border crossing adventure!"

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Folks, just bought me a New Hartford F512 !!!
A BIG BIG thanks to TxBumper for the find... I owe you one :)

Now the stress begins... I gotta bring it in across the border into Canada! Having it shipped to Champlain NY to a border Mail Depot. This will be my first experience crossing the border with a guitar with the whole CITIES regulations thing on Rosewood. I know I'm allowed to bring it in myself without CITIES paperwork... well at least that's what I've read.

Think I'll start a new thread... "F512 - A border crossing adventure!"

Congrats ClydeTower! I hope it is everything you want it to be. Best of luck with the Border Crossing as well. I am curious as to how this all works out so keep me posted!

TX

taabru45

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If you're seriously interested I have a 79-80 westerly that is gorgeous..and I'm in Canada. Maybe message me.. dreams can come true.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey Clyde, Just a few tips for when you pick it up. I don't know what temps are like right now in Champlain, NY or where you live in Canada but if it is relatively cold you need to let the guitar Acclimate to the room temperature before opening the case. If you don't and there is a drastic change in temp you could shock the Nitro finish causing it to crack or check all over. If they are going to inspect the guitar at the border they need to inspect it in a similar temperature area as well. In other words if the guitar is in your vehicle and the heater in your car has the temp around 75 degrees you don't want the border agent to pull the guitar out of the car in 30 degree temps and open the case. This could lead to damaging the finish as the Nitro and the wood have different expansion and contraction rates. I know of more than one Guitar that has had the finish cracked by customs agents opening the guitar to inspect it in without letting it acclimate properly. With you F512 being in Like New condition it would be heartbreaking to have the finish damaged before you get it home. Just something to be cautious with and think about as you plan your pick up and return trip with your new baby.

Best of Luck!

TX

Last edited:

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Hey Clyde, Just a few tips for when you pick it up. I don't know what temps are like right now in Champlain, NY or where you live in Canada but if it is relatively cold you need to let the guitar Acclimate to the room temperature before opening the case. If you don't and there is a drastic change in temp you could shock the Nitro finish causing it to crack or check all over. If they are going to inspect the guitar at the border they need to inspect it in a similar temperature area as well. In other words if the guitar is in your vehicle and the heater in your car has the temp around 75 degrees you don't want the border agent to pull the guitar out of the car in 30 degree temps and open the case. This could lead to damaging the finish as the Nitro and the wood have different expansion and contraction rates. I know of more than one Guitar that has had the finish cracked by customs agents opening the guitar to inspect it in without letting it acclimate properly. With you F512 being in Like New condition it would be heartbreaking to have the finish damaged before you get it home. Just something to be cautious with and think about as you plan your pick up and return trip with your new baby.

Best of Luck!

TX
Thanks for the heads up.

I know, I'm kind of worried about it. Temperature's will be in the 20's (F) in the next few days. In your opinion, can cold temperatures alone during transport create cracks in the nitro finish?

If I leave the guitar in its case from the moment I pick it up, drive back to Montreal, and leave it for at least 24h at home before opening the case, do you think there's much risk for damage to the finish?

I'm gonna call the Canada Border Agency to know what to expect in this type of situation.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

I know, I'm kind of worried about it. Temperature's will be in the 20's (F) in the next few days. In your opinion, can cold temperatures alone during transport create cracks in the nitro finish?

If I leave the guitar in its case from the moment I pick it up, drive back to Montreal, and leave it for at least 24h at home before opening the case, do you think there's much risk for damage to the finish?

I'm gonna call the Canada Border Agency to know what to expect in this type of situation.

Honestly I can't say one way or the other as I have never had a guitar shipped in 20 degree weather that didn't already have finish checking in the finish before it was shipped. Maybe someone from up north with more experience shipping in the cold winter time will jump in and add some info for us. If it was me and the guitar is well packed in the box I would just leave it in the box if possible until I got it home as the packing would also act as insulation for the guitar and case. Unfortunately I don't know if the Border patrol will let you do that. Also you probably need to inspect the guitar to make sure everything is right on it and you don't need to return it for any reasons. It is kind of a catch 22 situation.

TX

Last edited:

merlin6666

Reaction score
I had two nitro finished guitars shipped to Regina in the deep of winter (about -20C), one from Toronto (from Tundra actually) and the other from New York and both arrived with finish checking despite a 24h wait to open the box/case. I don't know if one was opened at the border or not. But both certainly traveled through a considerable range of temperatures. Maybe I should have waited 48h, as I think I may have seen cracks develop in one just as I opened the case, but maybe that was a mirage.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
No, Tundra just posted for advertising reasons one of each new Oxnard model, the rosewood F-512, the E version, the ATB version, the Maple version, the Maple E version... All are marked as "coming soon" which could be end of 2018. I believe the F-512 model will only be introduced at Summer NAMM as they were not on the Winter NAMM list this week. The F-512 Rosewood is in the 2018 catalog but not the F-512 Maple. I am not sure they are ready with the old press yet to produce the arched maple backs. Especially as they only introduce the F-55 Rosewood in NAT and ATB this week but not the F-55 Maple. One step after another.
Below picture shows the two F-55s ready for NAMM in Oxnard.

27024120_10155057641116105_367839862077159323_o.jpg

Ralf

that sunburst is ridiculous, especially for a 512 but regardless for any Guild. i'd have to call that unacceptable. looks like there are some major problems with new USA Guild sunbursts for sure. they should be embarrassed to bring that to NAMM.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
That F-55 on the shop picture is indeed the one they used for all the stock pictures as well!

F-55_ATB_front.jpg

Ralf