I May Need To Unretire

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A friend of mine posted a photo of him standing in front of a guitar shop/crematorium in Florida a few days ago.

Wasn't that supposed to be the alternative to the bandsaw for guitars that had too much wrong to fix or sell?

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
there is a shoe repair guy right in the middle of new york city, and he has these signs in the window "we fix guitars" and "we build custom guitars." not one guitar or even a picture of one guitar anywhere in the place. just a textbook quintessential old school type small shoe repair shop. now this is the middle of new york city, not some remote urban town with minimal resources. Maybe he is the king of guitar repair, but there is certainly a long list of bonafide luthiers and techs in NYC where guitar repair is their primary enterprise. not sure how many people would bring a valuable instrument to him...its like "I was going to bring my pre-war Martin to him to fix, but my shoes were broken so i couldn't walk there"

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
there is a shoe repair guy right in the middle of new york city, and he has these signs in the window "we fix guitars" and "we build custom guitars." not one guitar or even a picture of one guitar anywhere in the place. just a textbook quintessential old school type small shoe repair shop. now this is the middle of new york city, not some remote urban town with minimal resources. Maybe he is the king of guitar repair, but there is certainly a long list of bonafide luthiers and techs in NYC where guitar repair is their primary enterprise. not sure how many people would bring a valuable instrument to him...its like "I was going to bring my pre-war Martin to him to fix, but my shoes were broken so i couldn't walk there"
But he coulda killed two birds with one stone!
Which reminds me:
Did you hear about the Mob taking out a contract on Mick Jagger and Keith Richards?
They hired a Mongolian eagle hunter:
12780732.jpg

Obviously they were hoping to kill two Stones with one bird.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Which reminds me: Did you hear about the Mob taking out a contract on Mick Jagger and Keith Richards?
They hired a Mongolian eagle hunter.

But don't they realize that you can't kill Keith Richards?

walrus

idealassets

Reaction score
Maybe I haven't found my true career yet. My patented method to cure a cold is my Southern Comfort and Coke, you drink it and also inhale the fumes, boom,.. cold gone in one day.

..Its just sitting there now in my pantry, you are giving me ideas...

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Maybe I haven't found my true career yet. My patented method to cure a cold is my Southern Comfort and Coke, you drink it and also inhale the fumes, boom,.. cold gone in one day.

..Its just sitting there now in my pantry, you are giving me ideas...

I gotta try your formula. I see you live in Michigan. Have you ever met Richard from Barton City? BTW, do try a mixture of tumeric and honey, with a little black pepper (absolutely important).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I gotta try your formula. I see you live in Michigan. Have you ever met Richard from Barton City? BTW, do try a mixture of tumeric and honey, with a little black pepper (absolutely important).

Honey's a natural antibiotic, the Greeks and Romans used to pack wounds with it.
My 2 favorites are Gari and Wasabi, (pickled ginger and Japanese horseradish paste) the stuff they use to kill the taste of Uni (sea urchin roe served in any self-respecting good sushi joint).
Both of those have pretty good antibiotic properties, too.
And they'll give your nose a mule kick if you're not careful.
But that's half the fun of it.
:glee:

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
More easier...my father's recipe:

!/2 pint of Blackberry Brandy...gargle one jigger, then swallow...repeat until you cannot do any more (as a 14-year-old, this was probably two)...sleep...

Wake up the next morning, cured.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
More easier...my father's recipe:

!/2 pint of Blackberry Brandy...gargle one jigger, then swallow...repeat until you cannot do any more (as a 14-year-old, this was probably two)...sleep...

Wake up the next morning, cured.

I do believe I would like to meet your dad.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Completely out of topic - but still vaguely fitting here - I do not want to start a new thread here - but on todays news - in Finnish language naturally - there is included a video clip of a man running 100 meters in 30,28 seconds. He is not exactly a youngster....

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10059565

If this guy were the mentioned dad, he probably could use buckets instead of pints.

He deserves a watermelon !