79 g37

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Hi folks, im new to this site. I picked up this 79 G37 from my brother in law who bought it new in 1080. I was actually with him when he bought so it has some history with me. sorry, I cant fiqure out how upload a picture from my computer?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome! In the early '70's when my friend graduated from college her dad let her pick out a new guitar as a graduation present; she picked a G-37. Her son has it now. Nice to hear about another G-37 staying in the family.

Rampix

Reaction score
welcome ez,
I've been a member for a while but mostly just to browse. I've been posting a bit lately and learned something...these folks don't just know a lot about Guilds, they know everything! And they are kind to new members too. I think you'll like it around here, I sure do. Nice history on the G-37 too.

bobouz

Reaction score
My '76 G-37 is built like a tank, but out comes such a beautiful sound.

A great Guild guitar - Congrats!

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes all. I would love to post some pics of it but it doesn't seem to be that easy around here. I only have pics on my computer and know nothing about photo bucket or how move them to another file? I read all the direction on posting pics and to someone like me who not very computer savvy, it seems impossible.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
ez, log yourself into imgur and they will make it ez for you to upload your photos.

Once your photo is uploaded, click on it and several options will appear to the right. Click on the one that says "BBC Bulletin Board Code" That copies the photo, then when you write a post here on LTG, right click and "paste" in the area with your message, and the photo will appear there.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes all. I would love to post some pics of it but it doesn't seem to be that easy around here. I only have pics on my computer and know nothing about photo bucket or how move them to another file? I read all the direction on posting pics and to someone like me who not very computer savvy, it seems impossible.

Quick bit of advice:
You probably want to avoid Photobucket.
Several members here are quite angry with Photobucket's recent decision to impose a $400.00/year(IIRC) fee to make their photos available for posting elsewhere, and in some cases just to be able to view 'em at all.
Assuming we're getting the whole and accurate story, this was a sudden surprise move following an extended period of ad hosting which made the site extremely slow to respond at all.
As Dreadnut mentioned, Imgur seems to be the new "friendly" alternative.
You CAN link directly to your computer for your avatar image, though.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score

Recently LTGers have turned their backs on PhotoBucket because if its policies. I suggest you got ti imgur.com and create an account. It's easy and works well.

RC

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried this but need you sign up with either a twitter of facebook and I have none of that. I was able to get my pictures on there, but I guess without an account they don't save them? because now I cant find them??

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks, I tried this but need you sign up with either a twitter of facebook and I have none of that. I was able to get my pictures on there, but I guess without an account they don't save them? because now I cant find them??

I don't have Facebook or Twitter accounts, and have an Imgur account. I use my Gmail address and password.

Here's the Imgur "how-to" article.

Here's what they say you need to create an account:

Head to imgur.com/register or click on the 'sign up' button on the top right of the home page to create an account. You have the option to create an account with a third party account (Twitter, Facebook, Google, Yahoo) or to use an email address and password. Remember;only numbers and letters are allowed.

If you already have an account, you'll have to sign out first to make a new one.

ezstrummer

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I think I did it. I will try and post a couple pics.
IiRTRdH.jpg
kvlKGTB.jpg

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats and welcome - and that is a drop-dead gorgeous burst G37 - wow!

I have a G37, it's an earlier version of yours with the Deluxe Mojo option :biggrin-new:

ZvEZiaf.jpg

Last edited: