Free electric strings and free shipping

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I can offer great prices on commodities I don't actually possess.
Which of course is something we salespeople always like to accuse the unscrupulous competition of doing.
:glee:

When I was a kid, I sent 50 cents to the company advertised in the back of a comic book for some "X-Ray Specs." I waited by our mailbox for weeks. They never came. Either that or my brother got 'em...

I was always a bird-in-the-hand kinda guy and just spent the money on more comic books.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Right. Now they end up with (perhaps) lots of disappointed potential customers, who may not come back.

The short item lag between the ad and the stock being out is the classic "bait and switch" - intended or not.

walrus

OK. We define "bait and switch" differently.

I wonder if the manufacturer provided a limited number of free sets in order to generate buzz for the product and the error here, if there is anything "wrong", is how the manufacturer's gift was presented to the consumer. Perhaps a free set of strings with an order, while supply lasts, would have generated less ill will when the freebies ran out?

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Or, we could just blame it on Kitarkus for not telling us about it soon enough...

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Or, we could just blame it on Kitarkus for not telling us about it soon enough...

Yes...this would make sense. I see why I frequent this place...it is nice to find people who are even more finicky than myself.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes...this would make sense. I see why I frequent this place...it is nice to find people who are even more finicky than myself.

The fault is not yours.
54 minutes is a l-o-o-o-n-g time on the internet.
Having said that, ya coulda at least posted the heads-up before you had that extra cuppa coffee.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
The fault is not yours.
54 minutes is a l-o-o-o-n-g time on the internet.
Having said that, ya coulda at least posted the heads-up before you had that extra cuppa coffee.

Oh no....that would have defied my intentions to bait you....then switch you....so that you were forced to view my website. I got 16 extra website hits yesterday thanks to the fine folks here at LTG! (leaning back...patting my belly...puffing my cigar).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh no....that would have defied my intentions to bait you....then switch you.....

Bait me switch me anyway you want to, long as you love me it's alright.

the-american-breed-bend-me-shape-me-1967.jpg

F312

Reaction score
Received my free Elixir strings yesterday. . .
)
~

Ralph