Guildsby string-thru bar?

Reaction score
Installed the Callaham! Perfect fit and string changes are FAR easier!! Still sounds great and Guildsby works just fine!
HOWEVER... the pins did NOT just simply pull out of the original bar! Tried vice grips, different pliers, wire cutters. They cut thru before pulling out, even tho I was very careful. Ended up filing what was left of the pins flush with the surface of the bar...so so much for saving the original! I’ll probably have it drilled out and polished and stored away.

NEXT UP... locking tuners!!! Anyone know if Grover’s locking tuners pop right in to replace the original Grover’s?

Reaction score
Oh yeah, "pics or it didn't happen"...

MjJYj9k.jpg
[/IMG]

matsickma

Reaction score
Nice! Sounds like they may have bounded the little cotter pins into the rod. Didn't think Super glue was that strong! Lol

Nice job. Very interested to hear about your locking tuner selection.
M

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I still like the Vibramate Spoiler solution. I have 'em on both my Bigsby'd SGs…they fit snugly, no noticeable change in tone or playability. My old Gretsch Chet Atkins will get one this spring. No way I'm risking any damage to the bar by pulling pins on that guitar.

-Dave-

Reaction score
Just ordered the Grover Roto Grip Locking tuners (502c), They should drop right in! And I have the Dunlop Dual Design StapLoks on it. So far, so good! Loving the X160 Rockabilly!!!!!

Also ordered another Callaham string-through bar for my new-to-me 2012 Gretsch 6120 that I just bought (should arrive via Fed Ex tomorrow). It already has the Grover Roto Grip Locking tuners. And I'll install the Dunlop Dual Design StrapLok on that as well!

So both guitars will have string-thru Bigsby, locking tuners, and the same strap locks, so I can switch from guitar to guitar easily and quickly. And string changes should be a snap...even in the dark on the side of the stage with minimal tools, if necessary!
And nothing I can't swap back to stock, should I ever need to for some reason.