D-25 prices on Reverb

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay so I am looking on Reverb and I pull up D-25's. I have counted over 10 D-25's in various conditions for over $1000. One is priced at a solid $1400... Are we seeing values rising or are we just seeing people that have their guitars way over priced? There were still quite a few that were $700 - $999 which I believe depending on condition is on the high side for this model. I always viewed the D-25 as the value model. The stripped down model that gives you US made value for under $1k...

Thoughts?

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking at ended listings, I see them actually selling for less than $1000, even ‘60s versions.
(btw, the way I find sold listings on Reverb is to search using Google. You have to click on each one to get the sold price, but you get a better idea.)

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking at ended listings, I see them actually selling for less than $1000, even ‘60s versions.
(btw, the way I find sold listings on Reverb is to search using Google. You have to click on each one to get the sold price, but you get a better idea.)

Thanks for the tip Chris. I guess they are just starting high.

peashooterjw

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. I remember selling mine back in '97 for $500. It was a year old and like new. I ask the guy regularly to sell it back to me.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
As someone who has bought and sold a bunch of D25s (yeah, I love 'em)
IMO there's a bunch of pie-in-the-sky pricing going on. What you gotta watch out
for on the D25s (and any older guitar really) is neck angle... I doubt there's any
25s for sale out there where the seller has taken the effort to accurately state or
better yet show anything factual about actual state of playability of the instrument!

Sorry to go off on a rant, LOL.

If neck angle is good, low E at 12th fret is +/- .093", distance from Low E to the
guitar top is between .39" and .5", at least average cosmetic condition, no cracks or breaks, and bridge isn't
pulling up, IME a decent D is worth $600 - $675.

But one for similar $$ that needs a neck reset... no way.

Caveat emptor!

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
the thing about the D-25, is there are just a ton of them out there. so its more a supply/demand thing, and condition plays a big role. u can still get a nice one for cheap, i would think. as for overpriced guitars on reverb, that is not limited to the Guild D-25.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
now wondering if i can get 2 k for my '71 Br...:)

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Agreed, GC used has a good selection of 25s, several look promising.
From what I understand the return policy for vintage instruments at GC is more
restrictive than with new instruments, so read the fine print...

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total

Not necessarily on the market right away just checking out as D25 is "will own another one one day" guitar, but agree bc at least then you can return it. Kind of a hassle. If they just took better pictures of their used items it would probably save them hundreds of returns per year.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Agreed, GC used has a good selection of 25s, several look promising.
From what I understand the return policy for vintage instruments at GC is more
restrictive than with new instruments, so read the fine print...

Hmm did not know that. Never returned a vintage instrument at GC so that is good to know.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
the thing about the D-25, is there are just a ton of them out there. so its more a supply/demand thing, and condition plays a big role. u can still get a nice one for cheap, i would think. as for overpriced guitars on reverb, that is not limited to the Guild D-25.

I believe you can. Was just amazed at how many were listed so high. And agreed reverb is a great place to pay too much for a guitar.

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not necessarily on the market right away just checking out as D25 is "will own another one one day" guitar, but agree bc at least then you can return it. Kind of a hassle. If they just took better pictures of their used items it would probably save them hundreds of returns per year.

In a perfect world GC hires me to photograph their vintage guitars and pays me two million dollars a
year to fly around the US and do just that!

DADGAD

Reaction score

If you do "ship to store" you can refuse to accept it right then and there and get a refund. I had one experience with ordering an old Gibson Melody Maker from Guitar Denter. I called the store that had the guitar and spoke to a salesman who said the guitar had no repairs. When it arrived at my local store, the neck had obviously been broken and poorly repaired. The guy on the phone lied to me. My local store was empathetic and refunded the price AND the shipping cost.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
now wondering if i can get 2 k for my '71 Br...:)

its has a neck reset and a refret right? $1500 is not so crazy, with a nice case. it would take patience...volume 2 is your friend. remember yours is the flat back w mahogany top, first genny!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
In a perfect world GC hires me to photograph their vintage guitars and pays me two million dollars a
year to fly around the US and do just that!

This is for sure you take the best damn guitar pictures I have ever seen BV.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
If you do "ship to store" you can refuse to accept it right then and there and get a refund. I had one experience with ordering an old Gibson Melody Maker from Guitar Denter. I called the store that had the guitar and spoke to a salesman who said the guitar had no repairs. When it arrived at my local store, the neck had obviously been broken and poorly repaired. The guy on the phone lied to me. My local store was empathetic and refunded the price AND the shipping cost.

"Guitar Denter"... Nice..