The Burnside Lance

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
First one does not but the second one does.

3ZAmq2i.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
The blue and black guitar are worn but the ivory sparkle guitar on the right was NOS.
I replaced one of the mini switch on the black "Liberator" body Detonator.

matsickma

Reaction score
The Detonator on left and right are same size. The middle black one has the Liberator type body.
SN on left and right are the higher numbers and the Black one is 184.

Not sure what else to point out.
M

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Is it a well known thing to have a Detonator with the Liberator style body like that? It reminds me of the mystery Guild someone posted a while back. I wonder if that's the same mystery model that happens to have a Detonator neck on it.

Or if that's a rare form of Detonator. Hmm...

Last edited:

matsickma

Reaction score
Yes. When I saw the guitar you mentioned it had the pointy headstock. It almost seems like Guild had a body they liked but weren't sure what to do with it.

One way that might help to resolve the issue is to assemble some data on the Detonator SN's. Is the black one an aberration or were lower SN shaped like a Liberator?

matsickma

Reaction score
I'll look inside the electronic cavity tomorrow to see if any sn info is inside to try and confirm the neck is stock on that body.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes. When I saw the guitar you mentioned it had the pointy headstock. It almost seems like Guild had a body they liked but weren't sure what to do with it.

One way that might help to resolve the issue is to assemble some data on the Detonator SN's. Is the black one an aberration or were lower SN shaped like a Liberator?

Only Hans knows for sure. :)

Here's the guitar in question (thread):

kOLJF0p.jpg

matsickma

Reaction score
I can say that the combination of Liberator body and Detonator neck works pretty nice. Comfortable and light to play; more comfortable than the standard Detonator configuration.
M

matsickma

Reaction score
The control cavity routing is different between the the black and white "liberator" body. Also my black one has the 1986 Liberty neck plate. Hmm Liberty vs. Liberator...a fluke or a Guild tribute to the completion of the Statue of Liberty renovation project?!
M

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
So did Guild produce the Detonator before the Liberator? If so, is it possible that they looked at the Detonator body and said; "You know, that would look much better if we slimmed it down and gave it a little more contour!". So they came up with a new body shape for the Detonator. Then they said; "You know, maybe it really should be a new model seeing how different it is and all. What do you think we should call it? Mmnm let's see, Detonator, Elevator, Excavator, Fumigator, Generator, (couldn't think of anything for H, I, J, & K.) I know, the Liberator!"

Ta-Da!

(Who needs Volume II?)