Gibson not attending NAMM 2018

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
This is the kind of huge generalization which can cause people to pass by some truly fine instruments.
The absolute truth! I'd heard people bashing new Gibsons all the time but my local GC never had any in stock. So one day I walk in and there's this dread cutaway (I hate a cutaway on a dread, it just looks WRONG) but it was a pretty thing and built well and clean as a whistle and DAMN if it didn't sound like one of the best guitars I've ever heard!! No lie. Maybe they lucked out on that one but there were a couple other Gibsons that were fairly amazing as well. Priced kinda high and I wasn't in the market at that time. But a SUPER nice sounding guitar.

Just pick them up and play them and forget about what name's on the headstock. :encouragement:

jwsamuel

Reaction score
Gibson was never consumer friendly at NAMM...only booth/room that limited morning hours to buyers only.

Guitar makers go to shows like NAMM to sell guitars to retailers, not consumers. Limiting morning hours to buyers only gives them the chance to do just that without interruption.