NGD of sweet usedness , is that a word ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well every time I get something delivered it seems it's almost always a most inconvenient time TADA ! no exception today . Since most all my deliveries are lunch time or later I have time for a shower right its only 10am right ? I have my Gate open , my dog in the house , my truck in plain sight and my front door ajar just to make sure they see someone is home .

So off i go into my shower now usually I close up every door on the way in to the bathroom . I like hot showers and its cold out side , maybe thats to much info ? anyway enjoying that hot water I hear something , was that the dog barking ? don't hear anything now, turning at the same time of that thought water bounces off a bottle making a dullish sound ahh thats what the noise was , no sooner I hear it again and now know its not the water is bouncing off the bottle .

OK now along with funny faces trying to understand said noise , work brain work ! I turn off the shower ... Yup dog barking like he's going eat someone , good dog , No wait ! not a good dog ! shoot shoot shoot ! tell me it ain't FedEx !? I jump out the shower saying I'm coming I'm coming ! err ... so I'm dripping wet jump into my sleep pants , by the way anyone try to do that really fast being soaking wet ? its really fun you should try ! ok so get to the door thinking if it is Fedex their starting to pull off but nope theres the Fedex guy looking at me saying to himself OMG what did I just get into . You got into my shower thats what !

anyway after I apologize I dragged in my box . I guess its my after Christmas before Sir New Year day gift .

Now I wonder whats inside ? I'm letting it acclimate for a while before I open it to see what it could be as Ya never know for sure what folks send this days.

5sfcZiU.jpg
[/IMG]

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Niiiiice Ray!!!! Although there aren't many better ways to have a shower interrupted sir!! I cant wait to see said contents revealed and by that I mean contents in the box!!!

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OMG, a NGD with TMI !! :) :)

Definitely let it acclimate for 12 hours before pulling out the case. Then touch the case latches and wait until those are normal to the touch before opening the guitar, Ray.

Patience is a virtue.

And, for god's sake, put some clothes on, would ya'! :) :)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Haha ! I opened the box temp is up . The box was not that cold actually. But I’ve not opened up that which is in said box yet , slow and easy lol

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
In the words of the late great Bill Paxton as Chet on the movie Weird Science, "For Christ sake would you cover yourself!?!?!?"

I am almost as excited as if it were my own box waiting to be opened. Slow and easy wins the race indeed!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats Ray! I myself received a Guild Christmas present that I have yet to reveal. I have just been to lazy too take photos of it enjoying the relaxing Holiday time. When I do get motivated I wind up playing it instead of documenting it, LOL. Here is to hoping whatever is in your box is everything you want it to be!

TX

Last edited:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
; ) Gosh, when my Collings got her on a cold day, I had to do the same thing........wait! Chicago Music Exchange even puts a big sign on the box, "We know you're excited about your new instrument, but allow to acclimate for 24 hours". That's the box I sent Ray.......hard to wait when you have so much anticipation. Patience.

West

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
OMG, a NGD with TMI !! :) :)

HAAA HAAAAA! Leave it to Ray!

Wait a minute. I thought you were out of money, Ray. Or was it this purchase that caused that?

Can't wait for the unveiling!

standby.gif

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
HAAA HAAAAA! Leave it to Ray!

Wait a minute. I thought you were out of money, Ray. Or was it this purchase that caused that?

Can't wait for the unveiling!

standby.gif

Yes this and all the others before it . This one just pushed over the edge I wish I could smoke a big fat um juicy Tri-tip on the grill .

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Are we going to get to see the entire contents of the box in one picture or will you string us along? West won't spoil it for us.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ok so what I bought was West R lee’s D55 sunburst here are a few pics not as good as TX's but what do you expect from a low no darn good cheating Apple iPhone and it terrible camera.

I ran into a little issue as the fret board binding popped of on the Low E not broke just separated . I can handle that repair myself . depending on how this guitar sits with me I feel the top can be repaired though in discussion both Jim and I's luthiers say it would be hard to match . I'm a glass is full otherwise I need a refill type of guy :) I do not understand the added strap button so again if shes a keeper that will be removed and plugged . Man I need more practice guitars to work on LOL ok ok ok on to pics
WvVbzRR.jpg
[/IMG]
r8xIHDt.jpg
[/IMG]
5vwQ6lh.jpg
[/IMG]
F2CZoPk.jpg
[/IMG]
VzYoYn1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
few morepics
DMkcDxq.jpg
[/IMG]
46zddMc.jpg
[/IMG]
wQs3pN4.jpg
[/IMG]
YFGbKSc.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Head turner for sure - just a beautiful guitar. Guild, surely, knows how to make their wood look and sound awesome.

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
The binding issue has really bothered me. I hadn't noticed. Even when I took pictures in FS/FT I hadn't noticed. Then when Ray sent me a shot I couldn't believe it. I've told Ray that the binding separated from the body on my DV72 and I'd had Scratch's repair guy simply glue it back. I'd have tried, but didn't want to take the chance of dropping glue on the finish. Ken's guy charged me $25 as I recall, and I've told Ray I'll reimburse him, though Ray says he thinks he can do it.

West

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Personally I think it is a Beautiful Guitar. Guild used some really nice Abalone on the fret markers during the period this one was made. If I hadn't been having more shoulder pain playing my Dreads lately I would have most likely picked it up when West listed it. I think you got an Awesome guitar Ray and the binding isn't a big deal. That should be an easy fix with it just bent and not broken like you said. Also Never in a thousand years would I think West sent it out like that knowingly. Always been a Straight forward stand up guy since I have been on the forum. Besides, Shipping acoustic guitars in this ever changing cold weather can cause some strange things to happen especially when you are dealing with materials that have different expansion and retraction rates like wooden necks, Metal frets, and plastic binding.

You haven't told us the most important aspect of all Ray, How does she sound?

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gorgeous. Love the bone pins too.

A little cyanoacrylate and a couple of clamps should fix that right up. I doubt any finish touch up is even necessary.

I wonder why that happened. Usually, binding shrinks (not expands) or gets crumbly as it ages and outgasses. But this looks really clean, not broken. I suspect it was just poorly glued from the factory many moons ago.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The binding issue has really bothered me. I hadn't noticed. Even when I took pictures in FS/FT I hadn't noticed. Then when Ray sent me a shot I couldn't believe it. I've told Ray that the binding separated from the body on my DV72 and I'd had Scratch's repair guy simply glue it back. I'd have tried, but didn't want to take the chance of dropping glue on the finish. Ken's guy charged me $25 as I recall, and I've told Ray I'll reimburse him, though Ray says he thinks he can do it.

West

No worries West , from the reading I did it happens on new guitars and old alike .
Luckily it be easy as some repairs require full removal , frets and all . On this guitar the binding is one peice full wrap around so it could have been worse ;)

Last edited:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ray. I just want Ray to enjoy her for many years. I know I have. To me, the fretboard on that thing is like an electric. And by the way, our admin, Don made those bridge pins. They are bone, but Don found a way to stain them.

West

Last edited: