Oxnard made F-55 coming !

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Guild posted the first picture of the new F-55 (formerly called F-50R).

"A Christmas gift from the Guild family—a sneak peek at the new F-55"

25594408_10154989289051105_2935015030938198163_n.jpg

http://guildguitars.com/g/f-55/

Ralf

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice and it’s Gloss ;) I missed the price ?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I expect they will price it in the range of the D55 at around $3399-$3599 depending on finish and electronics but that assumption is made off of the past and and we all know Oxnard does there own thing. This is just an educated guess of course.

TX

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see when it will hit the stores .

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Envy Envy Envy of those who buy it but at same time happy you can add to your collection.

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It will definitely be on my short list of GAS wants, be a great partner for my 512 and F-50 blonde.
Brad

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
tortious shell pickguard with ebony bridge and fretboard? mind. officially. blown.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, if they went to ebony for the bridge, that'd be a change. Little hard to tell from that picture. Speaking of the bridge, could be the shadows, but that thing looks really chunky!

Looks sweet!!

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks nice, but I sure wish they'd just call it an F50R.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
That is beautiful!
Really interested in the reviews after it has been out for a spell.
I bet it will be a sure winner.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hmm, if they went to ebony for the bridge, that'd be a change. Little hard to tell from that picture. Speaking of the bridge, could be the shadows, but that thing looks really chunky!

Looks sweet!!

De’spects say Ebony bridge also when I click on the images it says F50r photo block or something lol also the page has two guitars alternating across the top one looks Ike it has the Rosewood head cap the other Ebony .

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Looks sweet!!

Actually Chazmo, The Ebony Bridge wouldn't be a change. My New Hartford F50 and both my New Hartford F50R's have Ebony bridges and fretboards. Now the New Hartford 12 strings like the F412 and both of my F512's have Rosewood bridges but the 6 string Traditional Jumbos have had Ebony bridges for a while now.

TX

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TX, thanks for setting things straight. And Ray, so be it!

I did not know the F-50 and F-50R were using ebony bridges. As TX mentioned, the 12-string brothers use rosewood (which is what I assumed would be on the whole family). You know what happens when I assume....? :)

bobouz

Reaction score
Nice to see this coming out.

So they apparently practiced their jumbo chops with the miss-named (once again) F-40 jumbo, before going to the fancier unit - similar to Oxnard's approach with the earlier D-sized series.

Whatever the marketing strategy is, let's hope it works. But in order for it to stand a chance, the guitars need to be memorable. Fingers crossed!

PittPastor

Reaction score
My prediction is that it will get great reviews in every magazine that Guild buys a full page ad showing it off. Then the magazine will do an online review of it with some guy who plays a crappy, coffee house sounding lick that buzzes because he frets badly. The followup comments on YouTube will be dominated by guys saying: "Sounds tinny. It doesn't hold a candle to my Taylor."

Just a guess...

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

I did not know the F-50 and F-50R were using ebony bridges. As TX mentioned, the 12-string brothers use rosewood (which is what I assumed would be on the whole family). You know what happens when I assume....? :)

Yikes ? I was just commenting on the new F55r Chazmo But there’s a F50r on Reverb and it looks like it’s all Ebony as well . My F212xlce has Rosewood most likely because of the Standard definition if it carry’s it ?

Let me add and I just might be jumping if the cliff but like the D55 would not the F50 line represent the top of the line ? The 512 which I have to look does it carry all Ebony ? What’s the 412 also have to look lol . Or I can just wait to see what the ya all say I’m feeling lazy and burnt my lip and tounge on hot pizza 😠

Last edited:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

No Problem Chazmo. The only reason I realized the difference in the N.H. made 6 and 12 string traditional jumbos is that I could have swore the 12 string models had the same Ebony bridge as the 6 string models until I actually looked at my F512 and realized it was in fact rosewood. I felt kinda green then as I had owned the F512 for more than a few months and hadn't noticed the difference.:rolleyes:

TX

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...when I click on the images it says F50r photo block or something lol also the page has two guitars alternating across the top one looks Ike it has the Rosewood head cap the other Ebony .
The two pictures on the webpage still show a 2014 NH made F-50R! Only the picture I posted in my starting post here shows the first Oxnard made F-55! So don't get confused with the webpage link. The F-55 will only be introduced at Winter NAMM in January I guess (hence the prototype) and I don't expect her in shops before mid 2018.
Ralf