Yippee! Found a case for my F20.

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Cool....yes. I'd seen that case. Looks like someone shot a 22 calibre bullet through it....which is the ultimate mojo.

PittPastor

Reaction score
Nice find. I need to get something for my D40C. The edges of it have the covering coming off.

Actually, I'd be fine just getting the case itself recovered. But I don't even know if anyone does that...

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats Jedzep! That case has definite mojo for sure. Wouldn't change a thing.

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Very Cool! And a great find. I really like the Guild badge on these cases with the two arched-top guitars on either side of the "peaked" Guild logo. You don't find these all that often.

Now you have to come up with a good story about the bullet holes... like the story BB King used to tell about his guitar named "Lucille".

Bill

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Nice find. I need to get something for my D40C. The edges of it have the covering coming off.

Actually, I'd be fine just getting the case itself recovered. But I don't even know if anyone does that...

csgsitp1000036440_-00_duck-black-duct-tape-1-88-in-x-20-yd.jpg

:biggrin-new:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

Luggage repair shops can do that. That said, I got several quotes for case work, and all of them were within $20 of buying a new, generic case. If the instrument is hard to fit of the case was something special it might be worth it but otherwise... I do note the possibility that luggage repair shops in the DC area can, and will, charge more than ones in Pittsburgh. But I tell myself that improvised rope handles, duct tape and the occasional tear are just mojo that comes with the territory.

PittPastor

Reaction score
Luggage repair shops can do that. That said, I got several quotes for case work, and all of them were within $20 of buying a new, generic case. If the instrument is hard to fit of the case was something special it might be worth it but otherwise... I do note the possibility that luggage repair shops in the DC area can, and will, charge more than ones in Pittsburgh. But I tell myself that improvised rope handles, duct tape and the occasional tear are just mojo that comes with the territory.

Not to veer this thread, but...

I actually do wonder sometimes if I did get a generic case. My other Guilds all have the nice furry lined case with a Guild Logo on it. This one is plain. No Logo. No Badge. Even the MIM has a logo on the case. The case I have fits the D40C well, but not tightly. It doesn't seem the same quality as the other cases I have for my Guilds. All of that, added to the fact that it came from the factory with the bridge shaved low, and had no sticker inside of it the body, has me thinking that "Panny's Discount Music" actually sold B Models as Discounted new models.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice score, i believe that is actually for the Mark series classials, but will work well for your F-20, with the addition of some marerial in the neck heel area. The Guardian cases I buy for mine need the same mod, I'll post a picture here soon. also i had my luthier fill a similar "bullet hole" in a case with a small wood dowel, did the trick for cheap.

that case was on my local CL for a while, he wanted a lot more than u paid. nice work, you did good.

i would fill it with the wood dowels, so that no direct moisture (or anything else) gets into the case at any point. its a very minor repair, definitely worth doing imo

Last edited:

jedzep

Reaction score
Very Cool! And a great find. I really like the Guild badge on these cases with the two arched-top guitars on either side of the "peaked" Guild logo. You don't find these all that often.

Now you have to come up with a good story about the bullet holes... like the story BB King used to tell about his guitar named "Lucille".

Bill

Good idea. Here's one.

After seeing this girl play, I shot my guitars in hopeless resignation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

kostask

Reaction score
If she freaks you out, don't ever watch and Orianthi video.

jedzep

Reaction score
nice score, i believe that is actually for the Mark series classials, but will work well for your F-20, with the addition of some marerial in the neck heel area. The Guardian cases I buy for mine need the same mod, I'll post a picture here soon. also i had my luthier fill a similar "bullet hole" in a case with a small wood dowel, did the trick for cheap.

that case was on my local CL for a while, he wanted a lot more than u paid. nice work, you did good.

i would fill it with the wood dowels, so that no direct moisture (or anything else) gets into the case at any point. its a very minor repair, definitely worth doing imo

Holding my breath, as I haven't been able to get any response from the seller at all. He's been a Reverb member since '14 but appears to have no record of sales or purchases. No feedback either.

Let me know if it shows back up on C'list. Maybe he found a local buyer and wants to avoid the shipping hassles.

Oh yeah...will I be pished? You bet. Originally said he'd ship yesterday. Be positive, Grasshopper, be positive. Grrr.

All's well. It rides the big brown truck. Hold the Xanax.

Last edited: