Looking for your ideas?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Here are my pics of the F47 clear pick guard.

GMO45a4.jpg
[/IMG]

0DmdKZH.jpg
[/IMG]

You really can't tell anything is there unless you look for it. Nice job Ray! On a side note you might want to try and contact Mr. Davy Crockett to help you hunt down Dad Gum Bear that clawed up the top of your Geetar! LOL.

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's invisible. Does it look like that from the angle in sunlight?

Sunlight ? I’m not taking this thing outside ! Lol
I’m sure you can catch a glimpse of it at the right angle but it’s hard to see .

You really can't tell anything is there unless you look for it. Nice job Ray! On a side note you might want to try and contact Mr. Davy Crockett to help you hunt down Dad Gum Bear that clawed up the top of your Geetar! LOL.

TX

Ben gets all the credit 😁

Oh I’d like to find a Bear Claw F30 . I think there is a model out there but if I remember right they want 3 + grand for it though I could be having a magic mushroom flash back ..... 😑

Last edited:

PittPastor

Reaction score
Well, I don't have time to do this up right... but I still think a black pick guard with the right design works.

Something like this...? (Doyle Dykes signature... sold separately)

a4NUuHk.png

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't have time to do this up right... but I still think a black pick guard with the right design works.

Something like this...? (Doyle Dykes signature... sold separately)

a4NUuHk.png

What ! no flames ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Rayk, that looks pretty good. Where'd you get it?

Ok yeah I was right it’s Clear Mylar from Stewart McDonald . It comes in sheets has to be cut and shaped into what you want .

Frets.com has an application tutorial but I can’t find it . Lol getting the bubbles out is the trick along with making it . 😁

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The Gloria with the same pick guard.
it can be seen a little better on this guitar because of the darker top .

KAuyAbH.jpg
[/IMG]
9OrmZdm.jpg
[/IMG]

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Really? You couldn't even find a real photo? You're slipping!
You're right.
I was rushing it.
This one's actually much much cooler:

maxresdefault.jpg

The story of how Lamborghini came to build cars is also quite entertaining;
"In 1958, Lamborghini traveled to Maranello to buy a Ferrari 250GT, a two-seat coupé with a body designed by coachbuilder Pininfarina. He went on to own several more over the years, including a Scaglietti-designed 250 SWB Berlinetta and a 250GT 2+2 four-seater.[9] Lamborghini thought Ferrari's cars were good, but too noisy and rough to be proper road cars, categorizing them as repurposed track cars with poorly built interiors.[9][12]
Period Ferraris had spartan interiors, lacking the plush appointments Lamborghini felt were essential to a gran turismo car.
Lamborghini found that Ferrari's cars were equipped with inferior clutches, and required continuous trips to Maranello for rebuilds; technicians would secret the car away for several hours to perform the work, much to Lamborghini's annoyance. He had previously expressed dissatisfaction with Ferrari's after sales service, which he perceived to be substandard.[12]
Lamborghini brought his misgivings to Enzo Ferrari's attention, but was dismissed by the notoriously pride-filled Modenan.[9][Notes 2]
After successfully modifying one of his personally-owned Ferrari 250GTs to outperform stock models, Lamborghini gained the impetus to pursue an automobile manufacturing venture of his own, aiming to create the perfect touring car that he felt no one could build for him.[12][13] Lamborghini believed that a grand tourer should have attributes that were lacking in Ferrari's offerings, namely high performance without compromising tractability, ride quality, and interior appointments. A clever businessman, Lamborghini also knew that he could make triple the profit if the components used in his tractors were installed in a high-performance exotic car instead.[14]
:glee:
PS:
Sadly, every one of 'em since the Miura has been butt-ugly.

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I ordered up some of that mylar material from Stewmac. We'll see how it goes.

beecee

Reaction score
I think black would match the ebony appointments but, as Brad mentioned, you could go clear for a stealth approach. That’s what I did on my Rounder, and, unless the light hits it’s just right, all but disappears. I got a blank sheet from StewMac and cut it to shape.

img_8991.jpg

That seat come from Acorn House?

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got the mylar sheets from Stewmac the other day, and today I cut out the pickguard and installed it. Stewmac included good instructions. Much like Rayk's, it's all but invisible. I'd say if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know it was there.

"Back in the day", I would have posted a picture from photobucket for y'all, but that has become impossible. I guess I need to work out an alternative.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Got the mylar sheets from Stewmac the other day, and today I cut out the pickguard and installed it. Stewmac included good instructions. Much like Rayk's, it's all but invisible. I'd say if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't know it was there.

"Back in the day", I would have posted a picture from photobucket for y'all, but that has become impossible. I guess I need to work out an alternative.

Glad you like it . Use imgur it’s easy you have two options on upload those are public or private . After that it’s just a simple right click and copy the correct link .😁

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Trying imgur:

qw3YXbC.jpg

Hard to see in this one, but you can sort of see it in the image below...

48GdDlB.jpg

I'm happy. Maintains the original look but provides some protection. And Stewmac says the mylar is nitro-safe.

Last edited: