Revolutionary new guitar stand - I'm underwhelmed

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Got to hold itself on and adhesives not good nor is added pressure. Another vote for undewhelmed.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
How much extra is the wall they lean against?
And is the wall portable ? Lol

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm waiting for someone to accidentally push one of those guitars from the side, parallel to the wall.

There might be a market for this if you have an under $200 guitar and no place for a case or gigbag but if you have a decent instrument $50 for a stand that will hold the instrument securely is an obvious investment.

underwhelmed++

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There might be a market for this if you have an under $200 guitar and no place for a case or gigbag but if you have a decent instrument $50 for a stand that will hold the instrument securely is an obvious investment.

underwhelmed++
You can even get better, safer, stands for less than this piece of headstock breaker.

crank

Reaction score
I look at it not as a replacement for a stand but a more secure way to set your guitar against a wall or leaning on a chair or against your amp say at a gig or a jam.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
But I NEVER EVER lean my guitar against the wall anyway.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Seriously, adhere it to the guitar? No, thanks...

walrus

crank

Reaction score
It is quite pricey for a bit of silicon. I might experiment with my Mexi Tele that I gig with and just squirt a dab or 2 of silicon down on the bottom. It ain't gonna hurt that finish and it will peel off easily. I never bring a stand to gigs, just lean it up against my amp when not playing it.

dbirchett

Reaction score
Seems like a good way to cause your guitar to break to me. The old built in stand was bad enough.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I look at it not as a replacement for a stand but a more secure way to set your guitar against a wall or leaning on a chair or against your amp say at a gig or a jam.

OK. We clearly have different pain points and fears when it comes to our instruments. I have seen, heard or read about enough accidents and botched repairs that I will make an effort to reduce the chances of an accident. Thus my instrument is always in my hand, in the case with the top closed and (at least one) latched, or in a stand that I trust to be stable. I don't have any instruments in gig bags and have not yet been in a situation where none of the above were feasible.

That said, if I found myself in such a situation the stand under discussion would be better than nothing. It also might work well with the towel trick where you use a towel through an amp or speaker handle and tied around the neck of an instrument that is on the floor and leaning on the amp/speaker. It is definitely more stable than not using a towel.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:) All I can say is that I seriously doubt anyone here would ever trust one of those. I guess, arguably, it is better than nothing.

Sal

Reaction score
It's Denny Gerard's "Stick It Stand!" and he uses the same stick'm to hold down his toupee!

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The guy that informally leads the jam I attend irregularly has four rubber luggage bumpers/feet SCREWED to the butt end of his martin dread... it just stands up on its own.