Revolutionary new guitar stand - I'm underwhelmed

crank

Reaction score
I am taking my New Hartford F412 to an open mic/ jam this Friday. That sucker will reside in it's case unless it is in my hands. But my electrics that cost between $400 and $600 get dragged round in gig bags and leaned up agains just about anything. Sometimes I just lay 'em on the floor. Pet peeve of mine is guy who show up to gigs with elaborate stands. Had bassist once who would bring a 5 guitar stand and would bring 2 or 3 basses. Where you gonna put that thing at the average shoehorn the band in a corner bar gig I ask you? Had a rhythm player who would bring one of those hanging things that held at least 3 guitars, but he would break so many strings that he usually went through 3 guitars in any given show. One time he broke 3 strings and I handed him my spare to finish the set.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Plenty of photos of The Beatles and other bands in the studio laying their guitars around anywhere. I'd never stick something like that onto the finish.

BTW, are you sure that was a toupee, or a hat?

walrus

NEONMOONY

Reaction score
Ahh, my crystal ball reveals a broken head stock in your future. There is much crying and gnashing of teeth. Wait!...Do I see more than one broken? I can't look anymore. You must leave me now and don't come back. I have to lay down.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm with you, Crank, my instruments live in their cases when they're not being played, except at a gig where they might be in a secure stand. I have one of those triple stands and they are actually quite compact, and handy when I am switching between guitar, banjo, and mandolin.

We were at an outdoor gig one time when my buddy had his acoustic guitar in a stand, and while we were on a break the wind blew it right down on its face. Thankfully the guitar didn't break but it sure made a sickening noise.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
A good guitar stand will be a Christmas present to me--from me.
Dreadnut, would you be willing to share what kind of triple stand you have? I don't play any gigs--other suggestions?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have noticed some deterioration (flaking) of the foam on my older Herc stands and I hadn't realized that before. That is a problem that other folks had mentioned. I thought the foam on the Herc stands was perfect, but no. But, in terms of on stage protection, they're the best I've ever seen. The base allows for some jostling and I feel safe with them.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
A good guitar stand will be a Christmas present to me--from me.
Dreadnut, would you be willing to share what kind of triple stand you have? I don't play any gigs--other suggestions?

Its case.
It'll keep it from being impregnated by a dust bunny, too.