In Honor of Mr. Greco, 71 F612 and 78 Greco Custom Jumbo Together for the First Time

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
So... how do they sound in comparison ?

They can both blow the windows out of the house if needed, LOL. They both have a wonderful balance of tone to them. Best I can describe them is the Greco sounds like two F50R's being played in Stereo and the F612 sounds like 2 F512's being played in Stereo. The abundance of volume when you really dig in leads to a wonderful sweet spot when played gently. All kinds of possibilities with both depending on what style you decide to play them with. Think "100 year old Grand Piano" tone for both of them.

TX.

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow. That is a lot of guitar right there!

Just outstanding.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Ah, the sounds I shall probably never hear in person. ;(

I am in the process of setting my recording stuff back up but it is very slow going with the bad arm right now. I am hoping sometime after the New Year I will have my setup back up and running. That way I can post some sound samples for everyone to hear. Keeping my fingers crossed!

TX

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
It will be a great way to start 2018--sounds from two guitars I will never hear, otherwise. Looking forward to it.

Reaction score
Hi ya'll, new here, saw this thread and thought I'd throw a pic of my 71 F-512. This is also a Greco made guitar, spoke with him in NY a few years back and he said he made about 6-7 of them that year. He certainly knew how to make a great guitar. RIP Carlo.
q0h1pz6.jpg