In Honor of Mr. Greco, 71 F612 and 78 Greco Custom Jumbo Together for the First Time

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
This post is in Honor of one of the greatest guitar builders of all time Mr. Carlo Greco. We all know he made Amazing and Unique Guitars both for Guild and Later under his own Namesake. One of his most Famous creations was the F612 18" lower bout Jumbo 12 string made Famous by a number of Artists over the years but primarily by John Denver. The F612s are extremely rare and very few survive to this day but I as well as a few members here have the privilege of owning one.

Recently I got the opportunity to purchase a 1978 Carlo Greco Custom 18" jumbo with some serious Guild DNA to my collection. The details are in the NGD post for the Greco in this section of the forum. I just thought it was time these two Amazing instruments and works of art created by Mr. Greco got a chance to meet each other in person. I took a few photos to honor the occasion and for everyone to enjoy. It is hard to deny the similarities between the two guitars when you look at the photos. Being that Carlo mentions he had the same stash of wood that he primarily used for the guitars he built over 50 years it is pretty cool to look at the RW backs and see some similarities. He even has the same number of fret inlays in the same positions.

Now, On to the photos. Sorry for the finger prints but guitars get played in my house, LOL!

imzPIV.jpg
b5QuhF.jpg
8XacAI.jpg
qzMQ9K.jpg
HF1JHw.jpg
9gUkzx.jpg
vVxRKQ.jpg
f5u2MU.jpg

TX

Last edited:

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those pics made my day - OUTSTANDING guitars TX! It is indeed fascinating to
see the Guild DNA coming through loud and proud on the incomparable Greco Jumbo!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The cutaway looks a little familiar.

Yes Sir and I can't thank you enough for letting me buy it from you! Maybe if I leave the F612 and the Greco alone in the dark together :couple_inlove: I can get some Guild/Greco puppies out of them, LOL. I'll make sure to give you pick of the litter.

TX

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Cannot imagine the conflict you feel when trying to choose which one to play first! Pix are beautiful but I get the feeling the pixs you have in your minds eye when you close yours show you details that we miss.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Not only do you have the best guitars, you've turned on fellow members to some of the best guitars! Congrats, TX!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
And I will take the "runt" of that litter.

To veer, the first Huss & Dalton I ever saw belonged to a friend with music industry connections. Paul Simon (musician, not treasury secretary) commissioned an instrument from H&D. They made two to Simon's specs. He picked one and my friend acquired the one that Simon "rejected".

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
nice pair Tex, not too shabby! not sure which one I like better- good thing you don't have to choose!

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I would love to try a Chris Bozung custom built Dread but $$$ keeping that from happening. Wish some LTG member, who has played one, could give me an objective view.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I checked the music room this morning and no newborn guitars, LOL.

TX