Oh, my achin' back

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm happy to report that my back continues to heal from the surgery one month ago, and that the spinal stimulator is doing its job quite nicely. There is still a bit of pain, but it's not the severe, debilitating pain I suffered with for the past year or more. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement along the way.

In fact, I was able to fire up the snowblower and clean off my driveway yesterday (electric start and self-propelled forward and reverse.)

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In fact, I was able to fire up the snowblower and clean off my driveway yesterday (electric start and self-propelled forward and reverse.)
Congrats on the healing progress!

But, be careful on what you try to do. After my disc surgery, when I had the go ahead to drive again, I did some light shopping. Just bending slightly to get things out of the cart added up to a lot of pain the next day, and I soon hit a bad patch worse than than the pain before surgery.

Recovery is not a straight slope, watch out for the ravines.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for the sage advice, Chris. I'll be careful, you're right, it's easy to get overly optimistic when you're feeling better.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Glad your healing up , and yeah take it slow I know it stinks but ya have to and snowblowering lol is a slip and fall waiting to happen .

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Happy to hear the positive report. Healing is a marathon not a sprint.

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Take it easy, don't let the sound of your own wheels make you crazy....
But seriously, be kind to yourself and make it through the healing process.
Don't know about you, but we're not as quick to heal as we used to be. :rugby:

Take care,
Joe

MLBob

Reaction score
Dread,

Good to hear that you're making progress. Like everyone has advised; take it slow and easy, but keep movin!

Have to say that it was close to two years after spinal epidurals, PT, and daily floor exercises that my back felt good again. Never going to be "spry", but sure beats what I experienced before all that.
Don't think I've missed a morning on the 4 little exercises (takes me maybe 15 mins) that were a takeaway from physical therapy, but they made a big difference over time.

Bob

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Great news, dreadnut! But as been said, take it easy!

walrus

rampside

Reaction score
Guild Total
There's a level of high risk Livin' in snow and ice country when it comes to back rehabilitation. Be careful, Dread! But I'm sure you know that. :wink-new:

Last edited:

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm happy to report that my back continues to heal from the surgery one month ago, and that the spinal stimulator is doing its job quite nicely. There is still a bit of pain, but it's not the severe, debilitating pain I suffered with for the past year or more. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement along the way.

oh let's put that snow blower back in the garage for a few more days Dread!

glad to hear bud!

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Howdy

I´m no doctor - but having been roadie for over 30 years I do know something. I never ever injured my back fighting 250lbs speaker cabinet into truck or up/down staircase. But innocently lifting something itsy-bitsy and same time turning made my back in very bad shape few times.

SO - always confront the load facing it directly - my 2 €-cents

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for all of your concerns. The snowblower is much easier than shoveling this stuff! I'm using it like a motorized walker, LOL. I promise, I'm approaching it cautiously. As I walk outside, I am still using my cane for stability as well.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your concerns. The snowblower is much easier than shoveling this stuff! I'm using it like a motorized walker, LOL. I promise

Did you put tennis balls on it ?
Lol

poser

Reaction score
Thanks for the report. Glad you are on the mend. It's always good to hear good news.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
No Rayk, but it'll fling some tennis balls about 40 feet!