X-150, is it hollow or semi hollow?

ClaytonS15

Reaction score
Guild Total
The X-150 is a full hollowbody guitar. The x-170 is a little thinner in depth and has a small block under the bridge that connects the top to the back of the guitar to reduce feedback issues. I believe the X-160 is similar to the X-170, but I have not ever played one.

dbirchett

Reaction score
I believe the 160 Rockabilly is the same depth as the 150 and has no feedback block. There was an earlier 160 that was basically a plain 170 but I don't know about the feedback block on it. So if the 160 has the DeArmond pickups, it is a deep body.

matsickma

Reaction score
The Non Rockibilly X160, X160T which for some years labeled X161 DOES have the feedback resistant Sound Post wooden block under the bridge.
M

swiveltung

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just toying with picking up a full hollow jazz box that's not too big. Maybe with just one pickup, suspended or inset. Maybe two. I may sell my F-20 to fund it. The duo thing I'm doing now has a need for a non piezo tone sometimes. My little Songbird could work , I have an added soundhole pickup in it. Pretty middy sound on piezo, need to try that I guess. The x-150 etc are tempting. I have too many acoustics anyway!

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
I'm wondering if you found an X150. I love mine and I think they're very well-priced USA made lam Maple jazz guitar. I have 'fancier' guitars but this has been my main gigging guitar for years and I've taken very good care of it. However, I just bought an Guild X170 sight unseen for the thinner body due to some shoulder pain. If I like the X170 as much, I would let the X150 go pretty cheap. I'm also in the PNW (Port Townsend).

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if you found an X150. I love mine and I think they're very well-priced USA made lam Maple jazz guitar. I have 'fancier' guitars but this has been my main gigging guitar for years and I've taken very good care of it. However, I just bought an Guild X170 sight unseen for the thinner body due to some shoulder pain. If I like the X170 as much, I would let the X150 go pretty cheap. I'm also in the PNW (Port Townsend).

JOE!! Long time no see! Glad you're still hangin' in there and still playin'!

AlohaJoe

Reaction score
JOE!! Long time no see! Glad you're still hangin' in there and still playin'!
Thanks for remembering... It's been a while but I'm still pickin'! I'm either retired or unemployed... not sure which LOL, but after 20yrs in the same house in Seattle we moved to beautiful Port Townsend and life is good!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Thanks for remembering... It's been a while but I'm still pickin'! I'm either retired or unemployed... not sure which LOL, but after 20yrs in the same house in Seattle we moved to beautiful Port Townsend and life is good!

Did you grow up there?
Just found out Lee Ritenouer's another Seattle boy...
:friendly_wink: