It’s Sunday what guitar are you playing ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It’s Sunday what guitar are you playing ?

So yeah I’m relaxing today my belly is full have my Heineken , football is on , fire is started and my guitar as right next to me .

This morning I practiced a my new tune happily titled “A Moment In Time “ ( did I already use that name ? ) I thought movement instead of moment but we’ll see lol , it’s in the fine print you see :)

Anyway usually I respect the guitar I wrote the piece on and that stands for this one so that guitar is the CV-1

I watched my luthier play a song from his shop with a guest musician and it was pretty darn good being acoustics and one mic anyway I got the hots and said to myself I need to grab my Wilborn and play some but dang it I walked into my room and grabbed my Blueridge dread instead , that’s my game buddy, later I’ll pick up F212xlce. 😁

So what are you playing today ?

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I’ve been playing my X-500 almost exclusively lately. It sounds fabulous through my Pro Reverb.
I’ll probably continue with that.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi

Having few very nice vintage Guilds waiting their turn in background . . . I have been playing with my latest acquisition - D125 - made in China - I got that from eBay - paid 325 inc shipping + orig hard case.

Condition is mint - let´s see if it is a keeper - to be kept at summer cabin.

img_2803.jpg

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I’ve been playing my X-500 almost exclusively lately. It sounds fabulous through my Pro Reverb.
I’ll probably continue with that.
Nice looks like a great jazz guitar what style of music do you play ? If not jazz the is lol

Audio please

Hi

Having few very nice vintage Guilds waiting their turn in background . . . I have been playing with my latest acquisition - D125 - made in China - I got that from eBay - paid 325 inc shipping + orig hard case.

Condition is mint - let´s see if it is a keeper - to be kept at summer cabin.

Ooo cabin guitar so jealous ;)

And audio from you to let’s hear it !

Sorry I’m a let’s hear it nut ! Lol

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Heard a good song at church this morning, "They Call His Name Emmanuel" and wanted my DV52 right then but when I walked into the house grabbed th DV52 and played. Very short song.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Heard a good song at church this morning, "They Call His Name Emmanuel" and wanted my DV52 right then but when I walked into the house grabbed th DV52 and played. Very short song.

Just can’t say no to the DV52 ! Awesome ;)

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Played my D-25 in church this morning; finished up with "Silent Night" which was actually composed on a guitar.

marcellis

Reaction score
Mostly playing my Gibson Les Paul Special (P90's).

Playing a Mexican Jazzmaster too. Plan to take it around the track tomorrow.

crank

Reaction score
None today. Last night, however, My SO had flight out to London and I had a gig cancelled due to snow. Home alone all evening and psyched to play a gig, I played my 412 a lot. I got a basic looper for Christmas last year and have finally really been learning ow to use it. I plugged into my Fender Blues Jr tube amp and was pleasantly surprised at how Dozen (Dozen is my 412) sounded through the amp. Bedroom volume though not sure how it would sound turned up.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
1933 National style "0". "Come on in my kitchen", "Terraplane blues" and a few others......

You have my interest peaked what guitar is that ?

Today it's the DV-72, off and on all day.....overtones and sustain FOR EVER.

Ok more audio requests lol I’m a overtone nut as well ! Lol

Played my D-25 in church this morning; finished up with "Silent Night" which was actually composed on a guitar.

Really ? Had no idea never heard a solo guitar version very cool :) link me :)

Mostly playing my Gibson Les Paul Special (P90's).

Playing a Mexican Jazzmaster too. Plan to take it around the track tomorrow.

Ok P90’s just rock ! Before I bought my Epi les Paul with bucklers I was heavley debating P90’s

None today. Last night, however, My SO had flight out to London and I had a gig cancelled due to snow. Home alone all evening and psyched to play a gig, I played my 412 a lot. I got a basic looper for Christmas last year and have finally really been learning ow to use it. I plugged into my Fender Blues Jr tube amp and was pleasantly surprised at how Dozen (Dozen is my 412) sounded through the amp. Bedroom volume though not sure how it would sound turned up.

Yup have a few music buds in the home land posting snowman lol

412 and a looper sounds like a ton of fun ! Volume depends on what’s putting it out otherwise I’m sure cranking it up would sound .... totally awesome !!

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Doyle Dykes 12-string in dropped D.

Man !! I could never justify the price of the Doyle Dykes but I always wanted to hear them played by the regular folks all I’ve heard mostly is Doyle .

They sure are pretty !

refret

Reaction score
Single cone resonator, Nickel plated brass body with Hawaiian etchings of palm trees etc. 12 fret neck, rolled "F" holes. Screams with a bottle neck slide. The ultimate Delta blues machine. (In my opinion anyway.....)

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Single cone resonator, Nickel plated brass body with Hawaiian etchings of palm trees etc. 12 fret neck, rolled "F" holes. Screams with a bottle neck slide. The ultimate Delta blues machine. (In my opinion anyway.....)

Sweet ! What are you playing on it ?

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Plated a few tunes on my DV-73 this morning... maybe get a few more on one or both of my 72s before bed this evening.