It’s Sunday what guitar are you playing ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I've been playing my little F-20 a lot lately. It's playing & sounding really good right now…for whatever reason it's become more dynamic over the past 12–15 months. It's always sounded sweet but previously didn't like being played with force. Maybe it spotted the Martin 0-15 I had restored last year and decided it was time to up its game. :)

Electric-wise my '73 S-100 has been my go-to. I've got it out of its case and on a stand. Gets played a little every day, often unplugged. It's a mellow guitar acoustically but can easily bring the fire when plugged in. Also been playing my '96 Relic Nocaster a lot, previously a temperamental bugger neck-wise but now steady & sure. Sounds killer!

-Dave-
Cool, I’ve not picked the electric much good to hear your rock’n both !

The Br...1971 D25 flat
with light gauge Martin SP phos bronze strings, getting a tad old too. they dont last long, but they sure sound good

That guitar does sound nice :)

griehund

Reaction score
Big Polish Christmas party (Wigilia) on Sat. Played Polish and English carols on the D40. Another party on Sunday. Completely and utterly exhausted.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Completely and utterly exhausted.....

See, your avatar is running too fast. You've got to slow to a walk....

catwalk.gif

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

catwalk.gif

One more reason cats are smarter than dogs.
:glee:
Reminds me of the story of the 2 bulls coming down from the high pasture when they spot a herd of grazing cows.
Young Bull says "Let's run down there and get us one o' them cuties".
Old Bull says "Let's walk and get all of 'em"
:eek:

griehund

Reaction score

catwalk.gif

The average race is 30 seconds long. Two races a week adds up to 1 minute's work per week. Nice work if you can get it.:blushed:

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The average race is 30 seconds long. Two races a week adds up to 1 minute's work per week. Nice work if you can get it.:blushed:

Even when cats are "working," they're just playing.... :tiger:

chui2.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Neal. Someday I will. I used to sing a lot, in church school and go caroling with the church folk and my mom. I haven't sung outside of the inside of my car since about high school, really. We do sing along with the 12 days of Christmas, when my kid's HS choir does their holiday concert. I don't think I sound horrible. I have no idea what my range is anymore. I think I could do Joe Walsh stuff. As a kid, I could sing boys choir kind of high. Then the voice changed. Since no of you know me, maybe a recording here might be the first step.

Jerry1

Reaction score
Late 70's Hohner 912. Does anyone here know the Hohner 900 series guitars, also known as the Arbor Series? 912 = 12 string. Beautiful instruments MIJ, takeoff of the Martin's.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Okay, yet ANOTHER Sunday and I'm in (mostly) the new house. And I got home from a nice dinner and brought out the Breedlove again. I have to be careful here because I don't like the guitars out of their cases because I haven't addressed the humidity issues (desert cold and then use heat, recipe for DISASTER) so I'm keeping my precious guits in the cases. I hate that. I like 'em out and available. Moving sucks..... :stupid:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hi

My dear F512 was originally bought in MN - then after few months it came in airplane trunk ( -50C FREEZING cold ) to Finland - after few years I travelled through Siberia on a train - to Japan, where it was painfully hot and humid for three months - then airplane to LA - hitchhike to MN - winter in MN - back to Finland - back to MN - after three years back to Finland. So plenty of airplane trunk time, humid summers, dry winters etc.

It is still fine - some ten years ago I noticed one morning that neck was pulling loose - so I quickly loosened tension on strings and brought it to my favourite repair guy. Now lately I have been eyeing it a bit, because there might be slightly too much bellying. But I tune it two steps down and it is fine plus sounds like a church ...

Not too shabby for a guitar, that is forty years old.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500 and for a sub $500 guitar it sounds amazing.

Played one , sounded good to me as well :)

I had four Epi Masterbilts at one point. Three EF500's (in rosewood, maple, and mahogany) and an AJ500RC 12-fret slot-head. Loved them all, but I've moved on. I've just kept the EF500RAVS - rosewood, abalone, sunburst. It does have excellent tone.

But Sunday I played my two Guilds.

Oh, BTW, I just sold the 1939 Zenith. Glad that was taken off my hands.

Last edited: