It’s Sunday what guitar are you playing ?

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Today I have played the Big Carlo Greco I just got, My Orpheum Jumbo (Probably my favorite finger picking guitar), and my New Hartford F50 Maple. It has been a wonderful day!

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Today I have played the Big Carlo Greco I just got, My Orpheum Jumbo (Probably my favorite finger picking guitar), and my New Hartford F50 Maple. It has been a wonderful day!

TX

Cool though I forget about the orph’s id like one of each lol

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Played the D64 for 3 hours today. Only acoustic I have, so no choice, but I'm not complaining!

walrus

Bonneville88

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Strumming on my '80 G37 burst... what a wonderful relic, an anvil of an acoustic guitar.
Various stuff in dropped D, from "Won't Back Down" to "Angelina Baker"...

DLfGbJ5.jpg

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Strumming on my '80 G37 burst... what a wonderful relic, an anvil of an acoustic guitar.
Various stuff in dropped D, from "Won't Back Down" to "Angelina Baker"...

Nice looking guitar !

DLfGbJ5.jpg

Played the D64 for 3 hours today. Only acoustic I have, so no choice, but I'm not complaining!

walrus

D64 ? Font remember that one off to check it out ! :)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I'm totally envious of TX but not in a bad way. He's a way better guitar player than me. Last night Don and I started playing and .... I said, "MOVING OR NOT!! I'M GETTING THE BREEDLOVE OUT!!" So my beloved Breedlove made it's way out of the case!! Lordy moving is awful.... one of the problems is access to guitars!! But sometimes, it just doesn't matter.... so I played THIS ONE!!

8ONrkZ.jpg

This guitar is amazing. I miss my Guilds... I really do. But moving SUCKS!! It's mostly about my babies being safe.... y'know???

:stupid::stupid:

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Where you moving to Tom ?

I haven't played any guitars, today. Brake job on the kids car, moving some furniture around. Making gnocchi with the wife. Oh, and sleeping in late. That's the best part of Sundays for me.

However, I will grab one now ! 12 or 6 string ? Acoustic or electric ? Nylon or steel ? I might have too many guitars if I have too many choices. In my lessons, I've been asking about learning some songs that people would KNOW, if they asked me to play something. Since I don't have the confidence to sing, it needs to be able to be recognizable by guitar parts alone. I've noodled with "Another Brick in the Wall" in trying to get a bit of the bass and melody going at the same time, or getting the cool riffs added in to "While my guitar gently weeps" and figure out the end solo.

I'll post my decision, later.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Down the street. Not far. I wouldn't leave this town at this point. Too many good friends and nice people here. And no fires!! I assume you're free of the HELL that's taken over S. Cali, right John?? I can't even tell you how awful it's been... all my friends with barns burned and horses dead and it's just the WORST!! Thank GOD we live in the land of the parched where there's very little to burn.... you know?? :hopelessness:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score

I haven't played any guitars, today. Brake job on the kids car, moving some furniture around. Making gnocchi with the wife. Oh, and sleeping in late. That's the best part of Sundays for me.

However, I will grab one now ! 12 or 6 string ? Acoustic or electric ? Nylon or steel ? I might have too many guitars if I have too many choices. In my lessons, I've been asking about learning some songs that people would KNOW, if they asked me to play something. Since I don't have the confidence to sing, it needs to be able to be recognizable by guitar parts alone. I've noodled with "Another Brick in the Wall" in trying to get a bit of the bass and melody going at the same time, or getting the cool riffs added in to "While my guitar gently weeps" and figure out the end solo.

John, if you never heard it, check out the acoustic version of "While My Guitar Weeps" from the "Anthology" album, and also the "Love" album. Nice descending bass line, very nice "soft" version of the song that Harrison played solo on acoustic guitar.

walrus

Neal

Reaction score
Played my '54 X-200S last night for quite a while, plugged into a Mission 5e3 tweed clone. No effects, just the guitar plugged into the normal channel on the amp with the treble rolled back a bit.

Absolutely haunting tone.

Neal

Reaction score

Screw confidence...just sing!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well I did end up getting my Wiborn out , gosh the sweet smell that comes out that guitar when the case opened up is incredible . It has a sound port so the sweet smell flows right to the nose everytime . 😊

DrumBob

Reaction score
That was yesterday, and it was my Shell Pink partscaster Strat, then my E-Man custom made Billy Bo.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
That was yesterday, and it was my Shell Pink partscaster Strat, then my E-Man custom made Billy Bo.

We can keep adding to this and pretend we have not went to sleep yet so it’s like it’s the same day lol

Last edited:

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Pulling the D35 down from the hanger this morning, and since my first Guild was a D35, I tend to sing nostalgic songs from the late 70s.
I was living in New Mexico at the time and the Sangre de Cristos are filled with good memories. :mellow:

Joe

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The Br...1971 D25 flat
with light gauge Martin SP phos bronze strings, getting a tad old too. they dont last long, but they sure sound good

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
I've been playing my little F-20 a lot lately. It's playing & sounding really good right now…for whatever reason it's become more dynamic over the past 12–15 months. It's always sounded sweet but previously didn't like being played with force. Maybe it spotted the Martin 0-15 I had restored last year and decided it was time to up its game. :)

Electric-wise my '73 S-100 has been my go-to. I've got it out of its case and on a stand. Gets played a little every day, often unplugged. It's a mellow guitar acoustically but can easily bring the fire when plugged in. Also been playing my '96 Relic Nocaster a lot, previously a temperamental bugger neck-wise but now steady & sure. Sounds killer!

-Dave-

Last edited: