Anticipating Hanukkah, to you all, my friends.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
May your season be bright and you remain as LIT as I am...... I love y'all!!! Happy Hanukkah!!

c4Ueb7.jpg

:encouragement::encouragement:

Stay thirsty my friends. I'm so happy to be a member here. My life is GOOD!! <3

Reaction score
Thank Tom. My menorah is so strikingly similar to the one in your photo, that I just had to go downstairs and get it to do a side by side compare. Up until a couple of years ago, we used to entertain a couple and their two young sons on Christmas Eve. One year I played and sang Adam Sandlers "The Hanukkah Song". It turned into an annual tradition for many years, plus some additional songs. They moved to Australia in the last 1-2 years, although the sons remain in the US attending college. We are hoping to continue the tradition with some new guests this year.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cheers, Tom! You do seem to have the most fun around here, and laugh the loudest, HAAA HAAAA! :tiger:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Cheers, Tom! You do seem to have the most fun around here, and laugh the loudest, HAAA HAAAA! :tiger:

I might have to agree!

Tom, you're one of the goofy bastards that makes this place fun, and "goofy bastard" is one of my most emphatic terms of endearment. I propose that you, sir, are "Lit AF". :tongue-new:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
May your season be bright and you remain as LIT as I am...... I love y'all!!! Happy Hanukkah!!

c4Ueb7.jpg

:encouragement::encouragement:

Stay thirsty my friends. I'm so happy to be a member here. My life is GOOD!! <3

Chag Urim Sameach!

Oooo potato pancakes , potato kugel and hopefully some of moms Brisket ! Omg !

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Happy Hanukkah to you as well. In fact, today is the annual family latke making day. Each year we rent a commercial kitchen and all gather to drink libations and cook the latkes for our annual dinner. I host the dinner each year at my house...this year 30+ people. If I cooked this many latkes at my house (I've done this before)....my house smells like grease and potatoes for months. Next week I cook my annual chopped liver...complete with real schmalz....using my grandmothers mechanical meat grinder....this is a real treat.
XXL7Peg.jpg

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Happy Hanukkah to you as well. In fact, today is the annual family latke making day. Each year we rent a commercial kitchen and all gather to drink libations and cook the latkes for our annual dinner. I host the dinner each year at my house...this year 30+ people. If I cooked this many latkes at my house (I've done this before)....my house smells like grease and potatoes for months. Next week I cook my annual chopped liver...complete with real schmalz....using my grandmothers mechanical meat grinder....this is a real treat.
XXL7Peg.jpg

Liver !? Yuck ! (He passes out then awakes to order pizza ) 😜

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Happy Hanukkah to Tom and all who celebrate it! Love the Menorasaurus Rex, That really brightens my day, LOL.

Great choice of song with
Adam Sandlers "The Hanukkah Song" Guild-1979-D40. I think it is awesome when little things like that become tradition.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
back at u Tom, and to the rest of our tribe! ...Light up or leave me alone, LTG!

Reaction score
Liver !? Yuck ! (He passes out then awakes to order pizza ) &#55357;&#56860;
I gave up organ meats decades ago, but if somebody put chopped chicken liver in front of me I would not be able to resist. It's usually mixed with a chopped hard boiled egg and a binding agent of some sort. There is probably a video on youtube of people eating it and other similar foods for the first time. The expressions and comments are very funny.

Reaction score
Happy Hanukkah to Tom and all who celebrate it! Love the Menorasaurus Rex, That really brightens my day, LOL.

Great choice of song with
Adam Sandlers "The Hanukkah Song" Guild-1979-D40. I think it is awesome when little things like that become tradition.

TX

Thanks TX. This couple knew me for a few years before they heard or knew I played the guitar. I think they were dumbfounded the first time I played. Apparently the two sons looked forward to this day every year.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I gave up organ meats decades ago, but if somebody put chopped chicken liver in front of me I would not be able to resist. It's usually mixed with a chopped hard boiled egg and a binding agent of some sort. There is probably a video on youtube of people eating it and other similar foods for the first time. The expressions and comments are very funny.

I should do the same before I croak but I grilled up some huge beef ribs with my special BBQ sauce and well .... dinner last night lunch today burp * :)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Funny story. When I was a little kid we had a few houses in our hood that had all blue lights. Blue is my favorite color. I kept asking if we could have blue lights and my parents kept saying, "NO!!" I finally got a little whiny and said, "But WHY???" and my mom said in a kind of stage whisper, "Because it means you're JEWISH!!" So being well aware how my mom was in these types of moods I just let it go and thought to myself, "I don't know what this "Jewish" thing is, but when I'm grown up I'm gonna be one and have blue lights!" Little boy logic, I guess....

This year I'm celebrating NOTHING, except moving which totally BLOWS!! I hate moving.....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My favorite menorah......
kjKgWE.jpg

Awesome lol

I like all the lights I’m also pagon and love the smell of fresh spruce with lights all over the tree though I don’t set one up maybe a good Hanukkah Bush ? Lmao

Though Jewish I’m very open minded and take interest in many beliefs like Native American , Buddhism and Hinduism and Aliens 👽I do believe haha ;)

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awesome lol

I like all the lights I’m also pagon and love the smell of fresh spruce with lights all over the tree though I don’t set one up maybe a good Hanukkah Bush ? Lmao

Though Jewish I’m very open minded and take interest in many beliefs like Native American , Buddhism and Hinduism and Aliens I do believe haha ;)
Ray-ray.... I'm with you amigo!! It's a fun season. You can worship or do whatever you like.... because it's America here. (YIKES I hope I didn't go over the line there) but mostly it's us humans working together to be friends and create a better life for us and our people. So I'm with you brother!!

HAAA HAAA!! Me and Ray-ray agreeing on something!!! Did you ever think that would happen?? HAAAA!! Blessings amigo!! :encouragement::encouragement: