GC restructuring

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I have two local mom and pop stores that don't carry anything as high end as Guild, a Sam Ash at a mall, an hour away, and a dozen GC within a 1.5 hour trip. As much as I know they blow it, in so many areas, they are about my only place to buy guitars, amps, etc, if I want to see it and play it first.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
When one business model runs its course, others are happy to step into the void.

In this case, internet shops that offer no-hassle returns.
Unfortunately, Neal, my best company that I've dealt with lately for two new guitar purchases, has been Musician's Friend. They're the BEST!! Quick easy service, nice people, no hassle, quick shipping..... 45 days, you don't like it, ship it back. No problem. I tried to give GC my business and they were a$$holes, TOTAL A$$HOLES!! So then TX tells me about an open box deal on my Breedlove and BOOM..... I'm happy, they're happy, everyone is happy. Why can't I get the same service at GC? Just wondering. Then Don bought his D'Angelico and we tried every way we could to love that guitar, but it just wouldn't happen (It was like 40% off) and so we send it back. No problem. Credit the card, thank you for your business. So this is where it gets tricky.... the business model for MF is WAY better than GC and yet same parent company!! I'd be sad if GC went under. I'd be DEVASTATED if MF went under!! Totally different perspectives on that..... why do you think that is????

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
When one business model runs its course, others are happy to step into the void.

In this case, internet shops that offer no-hassle returns.

Government step in “ To big to fail “ Aliens 👽

matsickma

Reaction score
I believe MF was acquired by GC many years ago. They may have let them run their business the MF way. Not all acquisition absorb the company acquired.

As an aside... I never had a problem with GC. They have worked with me whenever their was an issue which has been rare. I probably made over a hundred purchase wit them over the years.
M

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I shop there, but not often. But I'll second the "used equipment" mantra - their return policy makes that an excellent way to buy used. I got my PRS through them, and of course I did my research before arriving, but the deal was a good one.

walrus