NGD 1968 Guild M-20

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
NGD all over again. The Martin Authorized Repair Center guys called me yesterday. My little M-20 is ready to be picked up. I'm actually a bit nervous with excitement. I am supposed to get the guitar at lunch time today. Finally I can quit looking at the photos and have the 'real thing'.

That is great news Kit! It will be like an early present! Can’t wait to hear how she turned out!

Kitarkus

Reaction score
Got it! I couldn't be more pleased. The neck reset is far better than I'd expected...I truly wouldn't have known that he had the neck off of this guitar a few days ago. It looks, feels, and plays fantastic. It is strung with PB 12's and just has a great tone and loads of sustain. It is so nice ...and the work done so nicely in fact...that I can nearly forget that the luthier forgot to make me a new bone nut as per the work order! To look at this guitar...even up close....a non Guild acquainted person might assume that it is among the more recently released M-20. The braz fretboard, braz bridge, lam overlaid head stock, and Hoboken labels are the giveaways for the more informed. Loving this short scale....this should provide all the fun that I had anticipated.

Acornhouse...thanks again for the 'heads up' on this one. I've got a few dollars in this one....but methinks well worth the investment. I'd post pictures....but there isn't much that you haven't already seen in the 'before neck reset' photos.

Happy Happy Happy Holidays folks!

Kit

Last edited:

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
yeah u were smart to snag that one up fast and hand it right over to the professionals. A+...congrats again!

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Acornhouse...thanks again for the 'heads up' on this one. I've got a few dollars in this one....but methinks well worth the investment. I'd post pictures....but there isn't much that you haven't already seen in the 'before neck reset' photos.

Happy Happy Happy Holidays folks!

Kit
I know what you mean. I had to spend a little on mine, but they are just special little guitars, well worth it. (And, I think, superior to the current ones.) They may have been the least expensive, simplest Guilds, but they have a magic to them.

F30

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
WOW! What a find and certainly worth the effort to get it playing nicely again.
You must a have been good this year.
Fantastic......

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
That's a fantastic example of an M20 you have there, Kitarkus. It seems totally worth it to invest in a vintage under-the-bed find Guild. Thanks for sharing!