What date is my Guild?!? Please help!

Reaction score
Hi there, so I have this Westerly Guild from my late father. I really just want to know the date on it, being that it's such a sentimental value. I have a picture of the model and serial number but I couldn't figure it out on my own. Please someone, help me figure this out. I have attached the link to the picture...
Samantha H.
You can email me too @ housemansamanthal@gmail.com

Thanks so much....

here is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Xz-v7ND1afRmdiOU4ySU5DaDZPc0NaeFlodGlqcUtqOEtF/view?usp=sharing

If you're unable to see the picture, the model number says : D4-NT-HR and the serial number says, i couldn't make out the second letter but i think its: AD048649, or maybe AO?

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you're unable to see the picture, the model number says : D4-NT-HR and the serial number says, i couldn't make out the second letter but i think its: AD048649, or maybe AO?

According to the sometimes suspect Guild serial number charts (found here), that guitar was built between '97 and '99.

That's a nice guitar your dad left you - I bought one for my wife, and I liked it so much it almost never made it to her.

poser

Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by. And congratulations at figuring out how to post an image on the first try. The folks here enjoy seeing pictures of guitars. If you'd like to post a picture of the whole guitar, we'd love to see it. :calm:

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Father's Passing and I am glad you have The Guild D4 to remember him by. Looks like you are already in Good Hands with the info you have received. Hopefully Hans will be along to verify your guitar's exact year of production for you. Best of Luck.

TX

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
According to the sometimes suspect Guild serial number charts (found here), that guitar was built between '97 and '99.
Pretty sure Hans has mentioned that it actually only goes into '97 even though the header implies it goes though '99.
in any case yes it seems to fit safely in the '96-97 category.

marius

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to nail down the date on a late Westerly by looking on the high E did of the neck block....the date should be stamped there.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you should be able to nail down the date on a late Westerly by looking on the high E did of the neck block....the date should be stamped there.
Only for a certain period.
Can't remember specific start/stop dates, but think it started in late '80s', prior to that you could find a stamp on underside of top.
For sure showing on heel block from early '90's until '98 or '99 I think it was, for sure gone by '01. My F65ce doesn't have one and I'm about 99% positive it was gone by '00.