NGD - New Hartford F30RCE - I'm back in the Guild game!!!

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
So I went and checked this guitar out on CL over in Princeton,TX. I snagged it for a cool $725. He wanted $800, but I got closer to my meager $700 guitar budget. It does have a crack from the bridge on the lower bout that has been glued ( not cleated ) that he says has not moved since it was repaired 4 years ago. Time will tell I suppose on that one. Here are some not so great pictures of her.

It is not a volume machine, but it has a dry woody tone that I am really digging. Also it is the nut width I prefer - I gave it the A chord test and it passed with flying colors. Way better than my Eastman. It feels just as good if not better than any guitar I have owned. The action is perfect for me up and down the neck and I like the access up the neck.

The big moment for me was when I grabbed my body rez acoustic pedal and plugged it in.. Wow this thing is now going to be my gig go to guitar. Excellent electronics! I think its slightly understated acoustical volume ( not quiet by any means - just not a D25 ) marries nicely with plugging it in. My Eastman is a volume response / dynamo and even though it has a phenomenal pick up ( lr bags lb6 ) I still have to reign it in when playing live.

Other than the comfortable body size one other advantage the F30 has over my Eastman is that when I really dig in it just gives me more. Whereas my Eastman, though extremely dynamic and responsive with the attack, can crumble under the pressure a bit if that makes sense.

This is my first NH,CT Guild and I am starting to see why people like this factory so much.

2VRXL4O.jpg

R4tnqgr.jpg

7ykmHGo.jpg

7t8J1Aa.jpg

AODeZ0k.jpg

TWspkMk.jpg

RhL1knH.jpg

l127LX0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats on the new baby! Given how inexpensively you bought this one, I would seriously consider having that crack cleated. New Hartford Guild are pretty light builds, and cleating a crack in a situation like that is always safer.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
D30Man: Congrats on the Sunburst acquisition. Nice! Keep her humidified and cleat the crack. I heartily agree with twocorgis. Enjoy! Guilds are BOSS!

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sweet and I’m super jealous .
Audio please ! 😁

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats on the new baby! Given how inexpensively you bought this one, I would seriously consider having that crack cleated. New Hartford Guild are pretty light builds, and cleating a crack in a situation like that is always safer.

Noted. Never had a crack cleated. Not sure of costs, but likely worth it.

swiveltung

Reaction score
Very nice. Looks alot like my F4CE-NT. My favorite for playing out when plugged in.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
F30 NH sweetness... awesome guitar...congrats d30man!

Thanks BV88!! My wife made me put away until xmas as it is my xmas gift. I basically cleaned it up, oiled the fretboard, put on new strings, played it for about 15 minutes unplugged and plugged in, then put it away.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
D30Man: Congrats on the Sunburst acquisition. Nice! Keep her humidified and cleat the crack. I heartily agree with twocorgis. Enjoy! Guilds are BOSS!
Yes they are! Thanks Rich! Gotta a humidifier in the case now. Also have a call into my luthier to see about cleating.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks TX!

No Problem, In the interest of correct info you might want to get one of our Super Moderators to change the title of the thread to F30RCE as I am quite positive they never made a F50RCE at New Hartford. They did make make a F50CE but not a F50RCE. I hope you enjoy the F30RCE for a long time to come my friend!

TX

Last edited: