New Post Notification Icons

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
When I view LTG, the "new post" icons on the front page change color when the marked forum has new posts. When I click to enter that forum, it looks as id every post has been read, even though that's not the case. Yes, I've cleaned my cookies, history, and everything in-between and it keeps happening.

This is happening on three different browsers on multiple computers so I don't think it's a cookie/browser/normal problem, and it's only happening to me on LTG.

Anyone else having this issue?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yes new posts are not highlighted . It’s been going on for a week or so maybe longer ?

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I’m seeing new post properly highlighted now ... huh

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
I have not been having this problem. The new posts are highlighted as usual. I use a Mac desktop. Maybe it is a settings issue. A problem that I run into sometimes, is that I'll open LTG during the day, read a few posts and then log out. When I log back in later that same day all the the new posts... the ones I've read and the ones I haven't yet read, are all lowlighted. So I have to try and remember where I was... which is difficult enough for me to do in life in general! :witless:

Bill

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I opened up safari this morning I keep the tabs open and I opened up the acoustic section everything was highlighted .

I read a few of the newly highlighted threads and returning to the main acoustic board the threads not read stayed highlighted.

I jumped over to the miscellaneous board and nothing was highlighted so back to the acoustic board and it was now the same .

I checked settings nothing in there for this unless I missed it .

I’ll check one other thing on my end to see if it changes .

I closed safari down then restarted , FS showed no new posts though there was .

Acoustic showed no new or unread highlighted

Miscellaneous showed two new threads my post here and one other . So maybe we just never noticed ? It’s just highlighting fresh posts from our last visit and even though we did not read them the little spy bots that be know we stopped by so it assumes we read or seen the all the posts ???
Lol
More coffee !!!

Last edited:

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I log into LTG. The threads with posts I have not read have the topic text in bold and an indistinguishably different version of the icon indicating unread posts.

Any forum action that has the word "New" in it has not worked satisfactorily for me for at east a year. This is unlike my experience on a different board running a different version of the VB software where "New" commands work as expected.

I'm am not sure what you call a nNw Post Notification icon :-(

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Unread Posts" would probably be a better name.

When I look at the front page, I see this. The grey icon means no new messages. The blue means new messages or unread messages.

Forum-Unread-1.png

I then click on the Miscellaneous Forum because there are new messages (in this thread, in fact), where I see this:

Forum-Unread-2.png

The grey icon to the left of this thread (New Post Notification Icons) should be blue like the one on the previous page.

Holy crap - I just realized that they are updating, but they're different! On the front page, grey means unread, while it appears that inside the forum, grey means read. That is messed up. The change in user interface between "front page" and "within a forum" is inconsistent.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I get Blue , Red , and they have subject title in Bold text , that’s what been messing up on my end as new responses should indicate a new response or new thread ...... ?

Anyway some times new responses don’t show the bold text of the tread and sometimes it does lol .

I never really paid attention to the icon colors as I’m slightly shade color blindish haha .

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I Think the forum software's got something not right. Might need a DB table cleaning (or whatever VB calls is) or the cache needs some attention or something.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
It’s working now lol .... Aliens 👽!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"The change in user interface between "front page" and "within a forum" is inconsistent.

Renegade AI's are ensuring the VB Logic reflects Guild manufacturing practices.
I find that both comforting and appropriate.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
To make things even less understandable, apparently there are THREE colors when in a forum:

LTG-Forum-3.png

geoguy

Reaction score
I see boldface thread titles for items that have had replies since I've last visited LTG.

If you look down at the far lower-left corner of a forum index page, you'll see an explanation of the various "post icons" (two flavors each of red & blue, & more).

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I think it just clicked for me that the threads with new unread posts aren't showing up in bold all the time and that's what's confusing me.

Maybe I'm just easily confused.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I think it just clicked for me that the threads with new unread posts aren't showing up in bold all the time and that's what's confusing me.

What are you veiwing this on ? Pc , phone ?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total

I have numerous instances of threads where there are unread posts NOT showing up with bold or any other indication that there are unread posts. There is a very, very good chance that this will happen if I am logged "long enough". "long enough" might be as low as 30 minutes. New Posts similarly fails for me, in that there are unread posts that don't show up as new.

I use Firefox on Windows 10 on a laptop. This may have started when the BB software was upgraded several years ago but it has been easier for me to just log in and out than to try and figure out what is wrong or different in my environment.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Boy, you guys are noticing stuff that I don't. Are you talking about the "New Posts" link at the top of the page (between "Activity Stream" and "New Group Messages")? That's pretty much the only way I view LTG posts. Threads that have posts that I haven't read are in bold, and go non-bold after I read them.

I guess I'm not following the inconsistency(s) here. I've found the "New Posts" link to be very reliable unless I time out and then the list starts over for a new point in time (as if I'd read all the other ones from the previous time I used it). I'm probably not saying this well. ;)

Oh, and it's always Chrome on a Mac for me, although it worked the same way with Safari, and I think Firefox on Windows (though I almost never use that).