Knowledge on this forum

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Sitting in my easy chair reading latest posts on LTG, after a morning practice session on my DV52, and got to thinking about the vast amount of knowledge on LTG forum. One good answer is LTG forum is like the Farmers Insurance commercial that runs on TV around here --- "LTG members know a thing or two because they have seen a thing or two."

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
True that ! As for me I’m still learning ;)

Last edited:

matsickma

Reaction score
Since many of of Guildafficuado's were kids when we first played a Guild and are "grey hairs" today we bring a lot of information and some misinformation to to LTG. With Hans as a Guild expert and active member our misinformation is kept in check!
Egos are well contained by all and those who are exuberant are interesting and add a lot of fun to the chat room.
Over the years young and old have joined adding a broadening of the perspectives and everyone is "young at heart".
From my perspective I lived through the 60's as a kid and teen so I remember Beatlemania, Hendrix, Woodstock, etc so it all ties together.
I had drifted away from music over the years and then when my son was in school and was learning piano and sax I started to return to my favorite pastime...music and guitars.
The Guildguy (where is he these days) was writing articles about Guild guitars and amps and Hans released The Bible. Fender released the affordable DeArmond line and released some Guild classic guitar models along with some new ones (X160 Rockibilly, M70, M90, Bluesbirds, Blues90). The MIK Guilds added to the reissue excitement.

The bottom line is this is a great web site with members that if you lived close to could be your friends.

M

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And anything you want to know about cosmology, just let me know.

genie.gif

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I know some things about computer networking and dogs...

Reaction score
I tell people about this forum all the time. Even people who have no interest in music or guitars. Amazing. Other websites too relating to other interests I have.

I used to think I was an expert in the music of Jethro Tull until I started "meeting" people on the web and discovered I'm merely a poser.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I think the old adage of, the more we learn about a particular topic or subject the more we realize we don't know.
And to add to that, I have found the really smart ones love to share and pass on their little giblets of knowledge.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I had drifted away from music over the years and then when my son was in school and was learning piano and sax I started to return to my favorite pastime...music and guitars.
The Guildguy (where is he these days) was writing articles about Guild guitars
Jay Pilzer?
The way I remember it, he became disenchanted with the forum and even closed his shop New Hope Guitar Traders within the last year:
http://www.guildguy.com/

refret

Reaction score
I spoke with Jay a while back, well probably over a year ago, he has retired from the guitar business.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
I tell people about this forum all the time. Even people who have no interest in music or guitars. Amazing. Other websites too relating to other interests I have.

I used to think I was an expert in the music of Jethro Tull until I started "meeting" people on the web and discovered I'm merely a poser.

Oh, man - I love Jethro Tull. I'm no expert; I just felt like sharing.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And what we don't know, we have strong opinions about!

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Saw Tull in Florida in '72, then the kids bought tickets for us to see Tull last year at a local venue. Really good show, and they were serving ice-cold Perrin Brewing Co. "98 Problems IPA" in the lobby...