1973 Guild D55 Questions and Mysteries!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Dave is a real interesting guy to deal with. He is hilarious. I really enjoyed working with him and his inlay work is incredible. It took a while to get everything back from him but it was definitely worth the wait. I have heard that cocobolo is difficult to work with but it seems like it really projects. One of my F 512's has has Brazilian sides but I don't have any Guilds that are all Brazilian. There is a Brazilian F50r on eBay right now but I have no idea what it's worth. I've been thinking about it which is always dangerous.

I looked at that Brazilian F50R the first time the seller listed it a few weeks back and it definitely has some stories to tell. He had listed it at $3800 opening bid with no buy it now and after 7 days there were no bids so he pulled it in the last hour or so. I messaged back and forth with him a but and decided not to bid due to the action measurements and saddle height he sent me. Not that it is not worth it but I really don't want to drop almost $4K for something and then take a chance on damage in shipping with the possibility that it needs more work anyway when it gets here. Too many worms for my can right now, LOL!

TX

Butch

Reaction score
I sent him an email but didn't receive a response. Given its age it is almost certain to need a neck reset. It's really difficult to buy a guitar without being able to check it out personally. I definitely lucked out with my F612, I bought it expecting the worst, but then again, I would have bought it regardless. I didn't know if I would ever be fortunate enough to find another one.

jcwu

Reaction score
Basically even Hans Moust will confirm my statement that with very few exceptions, Westerly Guilds were "all NCL, all the time".

So glad to hear the Westerly Collection is mostly NCL!!

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new: