NGD: Blue X3000

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Today's photography experiment:

5D3_7283_1600.jpg

Every time I see a picture of this guitar it makes me weak in the knees and I have to catch my breath, Great photo GAD!

TX

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Too bad that this damage happend. I am so sorry. I looked at that guitar's pictures many times in the last couple of years, the seller is a highly regarded collector and seller of vintage Guild guitars after all. But I never met him, so I am not sure what kind of person he is. I am shocked that he didn't do a better packing job if that was the cause of the problem. But it looks like it could be repaired and it could be done in an almost invisible way. Just take your time to evaluate the different luthiers and what they offer to do and how.
Ralf

2nevets

Reaction score
Did the Guitar come from Dino? If so he is a lousy packer-I purchased my green Nightbird from him and the packing job was half *** at best
Steve

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey everyone, just want to update anyone keeping track that the seller (Yes, it was Dino) agreed to my suggestion of a significant partial refund to offset both the repair costs and the impact to the collectability of the guitar. That partial refund was paid instantly and the guitar is now mine to keep and repair.

I'm completely happy with the result and can now work on getting the guitar repaired since before today there was always the possibility that I'd need to send it back for a full refund.

I'd also like to point out that though this was a tough situation, Dino and his team were always professional and willing to communicate and that's always a good thing in a situation like this where so many people might be tempted to resort to shady tactics or outright lies. That was never the case here and they were a pleasure to work with at every step. My one and only complaint is and has always been that the packing could have been better so I'm hoping that this might help future transactions in that regard.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Congrats on getting it all worked out GAD! I know you would have rather it showed up undamaged but at least now you can move forward with the resurrection of that Gorgeous Beast. It sounds like for the situation that things tuned out on the good side with the partial refund and repair reimbursement. Look forward to your write up on this one and wishing you the best with the repairs.

TX

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Good news! Looking forward to it’s resurrection and subsequent review.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know GAD, this is great news.

You know I wonder if someone like that has just been around so long, doesn't necessarily sell guitars so often...

just innocently doesn't realize what is involved with packing and shipping a guitar these days. years ago, the level of service was much higher- you would not even need to put the guitar case in a box, just write the address right on the guitar case, and have no fear (extreme example but honestly not so crazy back in the day)...yeah those days are ancient history to say the least!

around the time this happened to you, I sold a $500 guitar on ebay. it was double boxed, heavilly padded, and had about $30 worth of tape on the box. plus shipping and insurance was almost $60. this thing was packed for the war...bottom line if a $500 guitar breaks in the mail, or a $5000 guitar breaks in the mail...either way u failed. I was just so baffled when u said his packing was so light. he must have been stunned that anything would have happened at all. he just didn't have a clue, that someone working for a shipping company could even possibly have a care in the world for the actual job they are doing...

UPS wants your package to be packed so that if it were to fall off of a counter (or a desk, say), that nothing bad will happen to it, and if it does, it is not their fault (unless u paid them- crazy money-to pack it). Anytime I buy anything in the mail anymore, I pray to the stars in the sky it arrives as expected- not just guitars- anything! my ratio of success just gets lower and lower every year.

Treem

Reaction score
Guild Total
Whew! I'm glad for GAD! Congratulations! Blue is my favorite color, enough said. :glee:

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey, GAD

I'm glad you were able to keep and repair this amazing guitar, as well as work out an amenable resolution. Now at least you'll still be able to enjoy the guitar!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Just an update that this guitar is now in the hands of Fixit for him to perform his magic. He says that it looks like a fretboard separation and the hardest part will be the color-matching. I'm glad it's in the right hands.

I also sent him my Nightbird GG because it needs fret work:

5D3_7495-16x9_1600.jpg

Words can't describe how much of a wreck I was knowing that these two guitars were in the hands of a major shipping company over the weekend, but they've arrived and they're in the right hands now.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Got both guitars back and they're both fantastic. You'd never know that the X3000 had an issue unless I pointed out tiny details of used a blacklight to view where the finish was repaired.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Got both guitars back and they're both fantastic. You'd never know that the X3000 had an issue unless I pointed out tiny details of used a blacklight to view where the finish was repaired.

Pics or it didn't happen.
:friendly_wink:

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
AAAAARRGGGHHHHH !!!!

TGLTGMM

The Great Lets Talk Guild Members Massacre

GAD

Reverential Morlock