Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NGD: Blue X3000

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    From a value perspective, it may give more cred to the repair to have Fixit work his magic, given his Guild pedigree.
    Good point, I'd forgotten about that. It could be a bit more valuable in a formal appraisal since there's no actual factory electric repair right now.
    Fixit's authorized.
    Also, you realize of course, that as soon as you get the repair back, another one will pop up on eBAY, right?
    It'll be the second one the seller had stashed away.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

gorgeous guitar but the seller should offer a full refund, including initial shipping, plus pay for the return shipping. If the lack of packaging upon arrival is well documented/photographed, this is a no-brainer, and if you paid with Amex you should be pretty well protected.

alternatively Amex could help you negotiate a partial refund to keep the guitar as is, the way you got it. for me personally that number would be a minimum of $1,000. maybe $1,500.

If the seller is pursuing a shipping insurance claim, you will likely need to return the guitar to them, one way or another.

If the packaging is as bad as you say, that shipoing insurance claim could potentially get complicated (also in a different country), so be sure all bases are covered if and when you send it back.

While I admire your spirit and agree that looks more like fretboard separation than a gnarly headstock broken (and yes it is insanely beautiful)...I would hope you contacted your credit card company and froze the charges, started the dispute/investigation process. nothing to lose, u can always drop it.

i am with you on keeping it, at a price you agree to. what you currently have in your possession is not what you paid for.

I sent a long email to the seller explaining that as far as I was concerned this is not a shipping vendor problem, but rather a poor packing problem. Honestly, if I were to sit in a courtroom as an expert witness I'd testify that the shipping company is not to blame. I told him he needs to propose a solution or I'll open a case with PayPal (damage claims can be started within 20 days of receipt).
    1970s: [ S70 ]
    1980s: [ BB | X79-3 | 2x X80 | X100 | S270 | S281 | 2x S284 | S285? | S300AD ]
    1980s: [ X82 | Detonator | Liberator Elite | 2x Nightbirds ]
    1990s: [ 2x S100 | X170 | X170T | SB602F | SF IV | SF V | BB | NB I | NB Dlx ]
    2000s: [ SF IV | BB-90 ]
    2010s:
    [ NS BB ]
    Amps: [ G300 | G500 | G600 ]

My Blogs: GADsGuilds.com | Blog | Cozy Tales

yeah, its a special one for sure. i hate to be the one to provide the reality check -in this particular instance-(blue also very well documented as my favorite color, Nightingale as my favorite Guild I don't own...), but when everyone is done with their fluffy fairy tales, he is going to have to refund u about 50 percent of the cash, or you will need to return it, i'm afraid.

Greg Platzer, Lemoyne PA. BCRmusic.com. To say that this guy is a master of the "better than new" headstock repair is an understatement. He is VERY well regarded on the Luthier boards I haunt. Google him for pics of some of his incredible saves. Good luck, those pics of your guitar are like a punch to the gut.

"Steve, you are a man of many goats."~ capnjuan

"Alternatively, you could just go the ultra-relic route with it. Basically go for a look that says the amp was on fire and they put it out using belt sanders."
    (amps - I need a "99" & "50")

As damage goes I don't think a loose fret board is going to drop the value of the guitar like a split neck or cracked headstock. Actually it might imply the workmanship at Guild didn't bond the fretboard correctly. Probably a good thing in hindsight to prevent a snapped neck. If the fretboard bond is redone properly and finish touched up professionally the guitar value will remain high for a select group of Nightengale enthusiast regardless of the repair.

Thats how I see it.
    I never paid that much for a guitar or should I say I never had too but if I had too I probably would have!

M

GAD, the only way we can continue to live vicariously through your many guitar purchases and reviews is if you keep it. This momentous guitar in particular will require you to tell us all about it on a continuous basis, so that we may feel happiness and joy through your review and all other posts that follow.

I know this may seem like a lot of pressure, but think of all of your fans here on LTG!

walrus
    1984 Guild D64
    2008 PRS Hollowbody Spruce

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    GAD, the only way we can continue to live vicariously through your many guitar purchases and reviews is if you keep it. This momentous guitar in particular will require you to tell us all about it on a continuous basis, so that we may feel happiness and joy through your review and all other posts that follow.

I know this may seem like a lot of pressure, but think of all of your fans here on LTG!

walrus
    If you y'all paid for the reviews I'd be a lot more motivated. Kidding, of course.

I actually ordered more equipment because I'm constantly offended that the photos aren't more magnificent. Hey, it keeps me busy. :)
    Last edited by GAD; 12-05-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    1970s: [ S70 ]
    1980s: [ BB | X79-3 | 2x X80 | X100 | S270 | S281 | 2x S284 | S285? | S300AD ]
    1980s: [ X82 | Detonator | Liberator Elite | 2x Nightbirds ]
    1990s: [ 2x S100 | X170 | X170T | SB602F | SF IV | SF V | BB | NB I | NB Dlx ]
    2000s: [ SF IV | BB-90 ]
    2010s:
    [ NS BB ]
    Amps: [ G300 | G500 | G600 ]

My Blogs: GADsGuilds.com | Blog | Cozy Tales