Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild C0-2 - Thoughts? Not finding much on the forum about them

Guild C0-2 - Thoughts? Not finding much on the forum about them

Maybe I am not looking in the right places :)

I am intrigued by this. I know this contemporary series has a history of having some warped necks. I would be interested to hear thoughts on this one. Here is a link to one I am interested in. I believe it is likely a Tacoma model from around 2006 - 2009. Doesn't say and I have a message into the seller. Should I run?

https://reverb.com/item/3275477-guil...ar-w-case-used
    Guits:
    '12 Guild F30RCE New Hartford
    '15 Eastman E-6D Natural Dread w/ LB6 Installed
    '89 Strat MIJ Projectcaster Marvel's Daredevil "Devilcaster" w/ Might Mite Maple neck & '91 Fender American P/U's
    '16 Tele Partscaster w/ MIM Fender RW Neck & USA Seymour Duncan Bridge P/U
    '17 LTD EC-401QM Frankenpaul ( originally found in 3 pieces in a Guitar Center dumpster )

Amps / Pedals:
    Crate Palomino V32 US Made Class A tube amp
    Fender Champion 100 SS Combo

Itís nailed to the wall pretty good ...

I will one day try one I like my cv-1 itís tone is a tad darker then Iíd like but saying she has subtle sweetnesses. Knowing this has nothing to do with CO-2 it a pot luck deal I feel tonality wise .

Most of the coís and cvís from what I see share the same irregularities on the top under the fingerboard . So get good pics of the that area and the standard along the neck to bridge pics .
    And most important neck angle .

Good luck when I get money I will buy one just see what itís about .:)

Well I can confirm that they were only built in Tacoma; that they filled an F30 slot to complement the spruce-topped F30 Aragon; that Tacoma actually only produced between '05 and '08, and that the s/n can be decoded for build date, BUT, I got a suspicion it's gonna turn out to be an MIRC refurb (because of that "has been fully tested" phrase that seems to always accompany the refurbs), so the s/n'll be obscured.
    I don't think all that many were actually built and that's why info is scarce.
    I think you may already know about the "Trainwreck Neck" thread, but that's the one that started it all here, re potential for twisted necks.
    To be fair, I realize now it may not be smart to extend the problems with one model to all "Contemporaries", as TJ Mangum mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...rainwreck+neck.
    That one's got a lot of technical info about the neck block system itself and a pretty balanced discussion about the instruments whether MIRC'd or not.
    There's also a pretty good thread from Rayk about his efforts in bringing his CV model up (or at least as close as he could get) to his personal standards, what he discovered and dealt with while re-working the neck attachment.
    http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...d-repair/page3
    Sadly some of the excellent pics on that thread have fallen under the Photofu-, uh, -bucket guillotine.
    Al
    "Time May Change the Technique of Music But Never Its Mission " - Rachmaninoff
    My 1st Guild: '96 Westerly D25NT "Hally" (10-31-96 stamped on heelblock)
    #2: '01 Westerly F65ce "Blondie"
    #3: '03 Corona D40e Richie Havens "Richie"
    All bought new!

I'd run as fast as I could away from that one. My luthier describes the neck block attachment system as the "stupidest design I've ever seen", and you're more likely than not to get one with neck issues. Not worth the risk IMO.
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602M, '10 F512NT,
    '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst) '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by adorshki View Post
    Well I can confirm that they were only built in Tacoma; that they filled an F30 slot to complement the spruce-topped F30 Aragon; that Tacoma actually only produced between '05 and '08, and that the s/n can be decoded for build date, BUT, I got a suspicion it's gonna turn out to be an MIRC refurb (because of that "has been fully tested" phrase that seems to always accompany the refurbs), so the s/n'll be obscured.
    I don't think all that many were actually built and that's why info is scarce.
    I think you may already know about the "Trainwreck Neck" thread, but that's the one that started it all here, re potential for twisted necks.
    To be fair, I realize now it may not be smart to extend the problems with one model to all "Contemporaries", as TJ Mangum mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...rainwreck+neck.
    That one's got a lot of technical info about the neck block system itself and a pretty balanced discussion about the instruments whether MIRC'd or not.
    There's also a pretty good thread from Rayk about his efforts in bringing his CV model up (or at least as close as he could get) to his personal standards, what he discovered and dealt with while re-working the neck attachment.
    http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sho...d-repair/page3
    Sadly some of the excellent pics on that thread have fallen under the Photofu-, uh, -bucket guillotine.
    Nice... :) I think you had it right the first time sir.. That is why I switched to Imgur. Thanks for sending the resources Al. After reading these too many unknowns. Think I will likely pass. Of course it is made difficult by Sandy's ringing endorsement :) Nothing gets my wallet out like "I'd run as a fast as I could away from that one."

Thanks Sandy. Good to know about the luthier neck block observation. Wasn't sure what that was all about..
    Guits:
    '12 Guild F30RCE New Hartford
    '15 Eastman E-6D Natural Dread w/ LB6 Installed
    '89 Strat MIJ Projectcaster Marvel's Daredevil "Devilcaster" w/ Might Mite Maple neck & '91 Fender American P/U's
    '16 Tele Partscaster w/ MIM Fender RW Neck & USA Seymour Duncan Bridge P/U
    '17 LTD EC-401QM Frankenpaul ( originally found in 3 pieces in a Guitar Center dumpster )

Amps / Pedals:
    Crate Palomino V32 US Made Class A tube amp
    Fender Champion 100 SS Combo

Quote Originally Posted by D30Man View Post
    Of course it is made difficult by Sandy's ringing endorsement :) Nothing gets my wallet out like "I'd run as a fast as I could away from that one."

Thanks Sandy. Good to know about the luthier neck block observation. Wasn't sure what that was all about..
    Well, there's obviously a good reason why they don't make them like that anymore! If you're looking for a smaller body Guild with a 1 3/4" nut, try an F30 or F30R Standard from New Hartford. Much better!
    Sandy

'59 X175AB, '68 SFII Bass (Green), '73 D50NT, '82 Mark V, '87 Pilot SB602M, '88 Pilot SB602M, '10 F512NT,
    '11 F50ce Std (Sunburst) '13 R30S (Resonator), '13 B54ce Std Bass, '13 Orpheum Jumbo Prototype

Quote Originally Posted by D30Man View Post
    Nice... :) I think you had it right the first time sir.. That is why I switched to Imgur. Thanks for sending the resources Al. After reading these too many unknowns. Think I will likely pass. Of course it is made difficult by Sandy's ringing endorsement :) Nothing gets my wallet out like "I'd run as a fast as I could away from that one."

I kind of dislike the bashing but totally endorse the warnings . If you can get all the right pics and it looks right with no warning sign ringing then as long as you can a return/refund option then go for it !

Dispite my issues with the cv-1 and let me make my old point of its buy clear again which was I bought it as a project guitar and it had less to repair then I was expecting. So the guitar was not a ďOh my God I got burnt now Iím stuck with this piece of junk ! ď

The end result is of all my guitars the CV -1 is the guitar I play the most ! Even more then my custom !

Iíll will get another one when money permits .
    Lastly their are many models that have not been recalled or repaired by that mric place lol

You donít find them often for sale so what does that say ? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Rayk View Post
    You don’t find them often for sale so what does that say ?
    Really? CVs, too.
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by twocorgis View Post
    Dude chill , I meant the non- refurbished models even though I seen two that were not in coís . Either way Iím not a junkie searching every site and news ads for them or any other guitar lol
    So in my travels I have not seen many A OK models for sale .
    Mine had the referb serial removed but carried the used I didnít ask but I donít think they offered the info either .

I bought a 12pk but I havenít touched a beer yet :(