Guild Corona d50

Daveyo

Reaction score
theres been a d50 on Reverb for some time that I am intersted in
Its a Corona model, any thoughts on that subject?
thanks
David

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s turkey day eve buy it if it calls to you ;)
Just make sure you check all the question boxes .

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I as well as others think the Corona made Guilds are highly under rated guitars. The build details on the acoustic models are pretty much the same as the late Westerly made models. My Corona Acoustics are a little heavier in the build category but they both sound Awesome. If you like it and it looks to be in good shape structurally I say go for it. Just make sure the string height at the 12th fret is acceptable and there is room to lower the saddle so you don't wind up buying a guitar with a bad neck angle.

TX

Last edited:

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
I as well as others think the Corona made Guilds are highly under rated guitars. The build details on the acoustic models are pretty much the same as the late Westerly made models. My Corona Acoustics are a little heavier in the build category but they both sound Awesome. If you like it and it looks to be in good shape structurally I say go for it. Just make sure the string height at the 12th fret is acceptable and there is room to lower the saddle so you don't wind up buying a guitar with a bad neck angle.

TX

I agree with TX. Just check the vitals of the guitar. I owned a Corona D-55 that was excellent and very pleasing to play. I already had my DV-72, so couldn't justify having 2 rosie dreads. Nothing inherently wrong with Coronas.