So, I bought a Thing Too.......

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A little sleep is a good thing.

Speaking of ukes... I recently got one of Martin's Iz tenor ukes for a friend. What a wonderful instrument. It proved the point that a good instrument can motivate people to practice more and get better.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
A casket fits an earlier post.
Hope it's a guitar.

Or both?

G-185R_red.jpg

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
A casket fits an earlier post.
Hope it's a guitar.

Way to Go Stuball! That was the answer to the riddle I posted but unfortunately the riddle doesn't have anything to do with the thing I bought, LOL! I just threw that out there to see if anyone had their thinking caps on.:peach:

TX.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Alright, here is what you all have figured out so far and a new clue for you about the "Thing".

It shares some of the same Origins as Ferrari does. New Clue: Also like Ferrari it was designed and built by a Master.

Frono got it correct on the first page that it is a Guitar.

It is Not Red in color, although that photo of the CrossRoads model has me salivating a bit, No Fair! LOL.

The question of if "Brazilian" is involved is a good one. I have no doubt it is very possible but I am not able to confirm it at this time.

New Clue: It is a child of one of the last Living Masters who is no longer living.

I'll check back later.

TX

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dude, did u buy John Denver's empty guitar case, for like 6 grand??? please say no!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
dude, did u buy John Denver's empty guitar case, for like 6 grand??? please say no!

Now your thought process got seriously Derailed, LOL! No I did not buy John Denver's Guitar case for $6000. That's Funny Right There!

TX

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
You are in the right neighborhood of thought for sure! However it is not a D'aquisto and it is not an Archtop. TX
A ha! Okay . . . judging from your siggy list, I'm going to guess that it's a Collings SJ-series!

RIP Bill

F312

Reaction score
So, I bought a Thing Too.......
So I imagine you can strap your thing on.

Ralph

jeffcoop

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Carlo Greco? Trying to think of a Ferrari connection...