So, I bought a Thing Too.......

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar, TX! Congratulations on your acquisition. I like the ornate headstock and the mustache bridge. And the "Texas" clue in reference to the "star" inlays was a good one. An 18" Jumbo build is a huge instrument! I look forward to hearing what it sounds like. :encouragement:

Bill

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Zoinks! That's the perfect guitar for the Texas Guild jumbo fan! Nice going, TX :applouse:

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It was easy after everyone did the legwork!

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very cool Tex, congrats and enjoy! it does look like the Merle (an acoustic one at least). where do u guys find this stuff? u type "Greco" into your search box like 50 times a day, every day? good looks if so! haaa congrats!!

im just happy u didnt buy $4,000 empty 612 road case. admittedly, all of the "coffin" talk and 512/612 excitement had me worried for a moment! just couldnt figure out which guitar you did not already own!!

Last edited:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello TX,

Here's a little sneak preview of something you would have found eventually! Enjoy!

CarloGrecoJumbo_signature.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful! And appropriately autographed - sweet!

walrus

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello TX,

Here's a little sneak preview of something you would have found eventually! Enjoy!

CarloGrecoJumbo_signature.jpg

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

Thanks to everyone who played along, I am really thinking that this old girl has found her forever home, at least I am hoping she has.

Anyone who says Hans is not a Guitar Jedi needs to look at this. The guitar won't even be here till tomorrow at the earliest and he is showing me photos if the inside signature! Thanks Hans, I knew it was signed and a 1978 but that photo is just too cool. Any other info you have on it feel free to pm me or drop me an email, I would love to hear about it. I only wish I would have gotten a chance to meet Mr. Greco before he passed. From all of the stories of the folks that knew and met him he was a wonderful and humble man who had an unbelievable gift with building and fixing guitars.

TX

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Well she didn't make it here today so I am hoping it does tomorrow. Chomping at the bit to get my hands on this one.

TX